5-2 diet newby - advice for fast days

Options
Hi!

I am newly separated from my husband and need a bit of a confidence boost so have decided to try the 5-2 diet.

I am struggling with my fast days as I am only allowing myself 500 calories and I am usually a bit of a "grazer". I thought I could graze on fruit but this takes up a lot of my daily allowance so I was looking for other low calorie ideas.

All ideas appreciated!

Replies

• bexterking
    Options
    Hi,

I started this last week and lost 5lb in one week (probably all water). I'm a total grazer so have cut up lots of celery, carrot, radishes, anything really that has very few calories and I pick at it all day. I also make sure I have a "meal" which for me is cereal for breakfast, a low calorie wrap with salad for lunch then something like omlette for dinner. Oh and then go to be early!
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    At that calorie rate, you're really only going to have one option. Vegetables! I'd look for a great vegetable soup that comes in around 50 calories a bowl. Weight Watchers used to have a "free" soup (wouldn't be free in MPF of course).
  • sarahcav123
    sarahcav123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I eat clear soups which are low in calories, fills you up quite well.
    For grazing, it'll probably have to be fruit and veggies (eg cucumber, celery, tomatoes, small clementines, raw peppers etc). Anything too bulky like whole grains will eat into your daily allowance due to their higher calorie content.

Hope this helps!