TDEE Experts, Advise Me Please

Options
2»

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    You can also try fluctuating your calories with 50-100 deficit, and see what happens on the scale. But I am convinced that you're just putting on muscle and losing fat, which I believe is ultimate goal.

you can't gain muscle while eating at a deficet unless you are obese or there could be noob gains which typically amount to a few ozs not pounds.

Your argument is invalid and, yes you can gain muscle while in deficit. She didn't state that she is professional lifter, therefore I am taking into consideration that she started lifting recently, which makes it possible to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time while being in a deficit.

No it's very valid..I am not a professional lifter either but I have yet to gain a lb (except when eating over maintenance during the holidays) during my weight lifting in the past 23 weeks.

To gain muscle at a deficet as I said...are noob gains which about to ozs not lbs or if you are very obese...

And as the OP indicated she is not new to lifting so ....
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Bernadett- Yes MFP is suggesting I should eat 1200 cal a day.

MFP defaults to that when your goals are to high..ie 2lbs a week...when you only have 25lbs to lose.

Set a "reasonable" weight loss goal based on how much you need to lose...2lbs is reserved for those with over 100lbs to lose.