fruit to curb my demonic chocolate/ice cream consumption.

Options
I work out a lot and fluctuate quite a bit. I know mainly my weight gains are caused by overreating and my love of Reeses cups, ice cream, brownies, etc. I also like fruit and hoping the natural sugars will help me ween off to a much healthier alternative.

Replies

• tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I am a terrible chocoholic :ohwell: i'm not really a fruit lover, but i'm trying to eat more fruit in the hope it will curb my sweet tooth :smile:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Apples and peanut butter really kill a chocolate craving for me.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Is it possible for you to simply portion control your sweets and continue to enjoy them? I love fruit and eat quite a bit, but nothing can replace good ice cream.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Or you can just portion your servings and still maintain your love of chocolate/ice cream.
  • Maggie1975
    Options
    I freeze blueberries and then eat them when I am craving something sweet. I also allow myself some Dark Chocolate each day. Knowing that I can have that helps.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yah doesn't work for me...I just portion out my chocolate (chocolate covered almonds lately) and eat what fits in my calorie goal.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I just learned to portion it out and fit it into my day. There's no way I'd give up my ice cream. I like fruit but not that much. I just eat most of my calories in nutrient dense foods and then squeeze some ice cream in before bed. ;) Up to you but cutting things out isn't a sustainable approach for me.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Why would sugar wean you off your love of sugar? Sugar is sugar.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou:
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Or super-dark chocolate. Darker chocolate is more satisfying than milk/lighter chocolates - less sugar, more intense flavor.

That said, you'd need to experiment to see how dark you like it. The nearly pure stuff is so bitter I can't eat it plain. I'm usually good between 70-85% cocoa.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    You could combine the two and get a little bit of both worlds. Like dipping an apple in nutella. You'll be satisfied from the bulk of the apple, but still get the taste of nutella.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    One banana, chocolate unsweetened almond milk, peanut butter and ice in the blender. Cravings taken care of :heart: :love: :heart:
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes are pretty tasty.

I also like pineapple & mango in cottage cheese.
  • Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options

this helps me alot as well.

or a banana with peanut butter
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I rather just have the real stuff!!! I just fit it into my calories!! It works for me, see ticker below. :drinker:
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I'm also a big chocolate lover...

One thing that has helped me are fudge pops. They are satisfying enough to help with both ice cream/chocolate cravings for me, and they're only 40 calories each. So you can even have 3 of them and be close to 100 calories.

Of course there are days when this simply doesn't cut it, and I enjoy some REAL chocolate as well. I don't think there's anything wrong with that either.
  • McKenzieLeigh
    McKenzieLeigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of fruit anyway, but my husband bought me these 90 calorie fiber one brownies and they are pretty good!
    At the end of the day when I need something sweet, I usually have room for 90 calories and the brownie really hits the spot.
    Have a little to avoid a binge when you eat everything but and still want it!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Or super-dark chocolate. Darker chocolate is more satisfying than milk/lighter chocolates - less sugar, more intense flavor.

That said, you'd need to experiment to see how dark you like it. The nearly pure stuff is so bitter I can't eat it plain. I'm usually good between 70-85% cocoa.

They keep saying this, but I can gorge on anything short of baker's chocolate. Milk chocolate just leaves me "meh, why waste the calories?!"
  • Gemmz2014
    Options
    You could combine the two and get a little bit of both worlds. Like dipping an apple in nutella. You'll be satisfied from the bulk of the apple, but still get the taste of nutella.

Omg I love Nutella!!!!!!! :heart:

Nutella and bananas sounds yummy!
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My husband is the keeper of the chocolate. He doles it out judiciously.