Ive lost 15lbs in 4 weeks

Replies

• Loz220662
    Loz220662 Posts: 58 Member
    Well I've lost my motivation, & put on 3lbs over the last 2 weeks.. Takeaway food, Biscuits, & beer not a good combination for weight loss. Started diet again today aiming for 1500 calories/day maximum need to see some pounds drop off by Saturday..

By the way I started using a new APP called 'MAP MY WALK' great little GPS app, tracks where, when , time, distance, height, calories burned, and then sends it straight into 'My Fitness Pal' and it added to your workouts. BUT ! don't leave it on when your driving home then shopping as I did, over 10 miles in 30 minutes......... only did a 40 minute walk!
  • nh5nh5
    nh5nh5 Posts: 21 Member
    That's fantastic, well done :smile:
  • How did you do that?
  • Loz220662
    Back on it..... Lost 4lb this week, all the walking in my lunch hour helped. 6months till I walk my daughter down the aisle, I've got to look good for her.
  • thisonewillwork
    thisonewillwork Posts: 74 Member
    Well done and keep up the good work. Those photos will last forever! :bigsmile:
  • hollygparr
    hollygparr Posts: 243 Member
    Well done!
  • Winterbaby2014
    Winterbaby2014 Posts: 29 Member
    love to hear a bit of English measurement! ( I get confused when other countries talk about 'pant size' (and their sizes are different to ours!).

great job on the weight loss!
    I have done the same, ive cut out sweets and chocolate, I have such a weakness for anything sweet! once I start I cant stop!!! ive lost 6lbs in 2 1/2 weeks just from eating sensibly! going to the gym starting Monday to make myself toned, hoping to look good for summer!!

(p.s, my ticker doesn't have the right numbers in, seeing as I edited it last week)
  • Patty1015A
    Patty1015A Posts: 79 Member
    Super work!
  • Loz220662
    I've just noticed that the ticker that appears below for me automatically display how many pounds I've lost , but it also changes all posts on here, so it looks as if I've lost 20lbs from day one.
  • Loz220662
    burned 227 calories doing 23 minutes of Walking, 3.5 mph, brisk pace
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Hi Loz,

Congratulations. I'd love to lose that much that fast! Like you, I have had to cut out all sweet things. If I don't eat them, I don't want them. It's easy to give the family some fruit and ice-cream for pudding and not have any, but if I even have a lick of the spoon, I want a bowlful. Better to give up foods entirely if they trigger bingeing, I think.
    How's the beer going (is that a Guiness in the pic?) :)
  • Loz220662
    To true on the sweets , I can't just have one all or nothing for me. I do need something that crunches in like crisps so that why the melba toast works and their sweet tasting if you had nothing sweet for days. Fast weight loss due to stopping drinking during January and cutting calories, mainly the beer. Yes that's a Guinness from a bar in Dublin a few years ago now.
  • Loz220662
    24lbs gone feeling better, can walk for 1 hour at a brisk pace, Getting there but will never get to 160lbs as recommended I am big boned.:drinker:
  • mollybuck
    mollybuck Posts: 64 Member
    I am totally with you about the craving for sweets. Once I totally shut down the chocolate parade, things go so much easier. I do have a sweet now and then, but it is a good fifth of the size of what I was used to.
  • mzfiyaa
    mzfiyaa Posts: 94 Member
    wtg/....congrats
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    I've found that I crave foods that have a crunch, like crisps, chips, biscuits etc. What I do is have a packet of 'Melba Toast' these come in packs of 6 and are ultra thin and very crispy and only 70 calories per pack. but gets me over the need to crunch on something

i never thought of melba toast!!
    Congratulations on the new path for your health!! It isn't easy!! But you are doing it! I don't like sweets, but show me salty crackers or chips and I am done!!
    Keep going
  • Loz220662
    Here we go again!
  • Loz220662
    Just thought I'd up date this: I have lost 31lbs as of end of March 2015, 13months so far so good. Been up and down a bit but long term goal is still to lose more maybe another 10-12lbs but cant see where it's going to come from????
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Well done! It probably is best to totally avoid something that triggers overeating, so congrats on giving up sweets!

I am more of a moderation in all things (especially in chocolate). I could never totally eliminate foods I really love, I work in chocolate everyday, just a small piece 48-50 calories. The only things I have not had in the 3 years I have been on MFP are cake and pie, and I do not miss them at all.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Loz220662 wrote: »
    Long term goal is still to lose more maybe another 10-12lbs but cant see where it's going to come from????

I can so relate to this! After I had lost 5kg (just under a stone) of the original 10kg I wanted to lose, I couldn't see where the other 5 kg could come fram. Then I lost them and when I got there, decided I needed to lost a bit more. I have now lost 12.5 kg now and am intending to move into maintenance even though I can still see where I could lose a bit more.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!