A year from now.. Where do you want your life to be?

Sinisterly
Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
Pretty much what the title asks.

This can mean anything from fitness, to relationships, academic success, your family achieving something with your help, etc.
Where do you want to be a year from now?

Replies

• vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    A year isn't a whole lot of time.... Here are the goals I set for myself for 2014: I expect to have new flooring installed in my home to buy new appliances, to go on vacation to Hawaii, start seriously contributing to my 401-K, to close some of my open credit cards, to be better positioned in the job I just started, and to maintain my current level of fitness.

These certainly aren't earth shattering goals.... but those are some of the things I wanted to accomplish this year. A couple of them I've already started/completed (the 401-K, credit card and appliances).

I'll probably do a self-review / check with myself for some new goals mid year.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Super fit, but pregnant. :happy:
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    I want to own an island and live there
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    I want to be maintaining my hot as *kitten* new body :)
  • I have 40-50 lbs I need to lose and I think that is very doable in a year. I want to be at least at 140lbs. I want exercise to be a habit again. I want to feel like I felt in my teens, 20's, 30's and early 40's!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Physically, I would like to be about 50lbs lighter.

Pretty happy with every other aspect of my life.
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    In Onederland!
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Only because you're threatening...

Serious answer...Separation/Divorce have derailed my career ambitions for the past three years. I hope to regain my focus, drive, and ambition to continue climbing the ladder. I also hope to finally achieve the body that I never thought possible.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    I quit setting goals. Reality bites!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Alive.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Settled. Know where I will be living, especially.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Hmmm...initially...this is hard. A year ago today I was 8 days from having brain surgery already feeling like I was not living at all. All of this year I've been trying to live in the moment and not focus so much on the future.

However, there are some things I'd like to work on in my personal life. I tend to spread myself thin and try to do too much for everyone everywhere. People pleaser, if you will. I need to be more assertive about asking others for help when I just don't have the time or energy to do everything.

Sort of along the same lines, I have to stop making excuses for other people...for example, at work I really need/deserve a raise...but I haven't had one in years basically because of the economy (I work in the housing industry). People tell me I should ask for a raise, but I say, "but but but, it's been hard for the company, business is slow, everyone is hurting..." but at the end of the day EVERYTHING is more expensive now and makes my paycheck feel smaller and smaller and smaller.

Lol...got a little whiny there. TL;DR version. Be more assertive. Continue living in the moment. Lift like a beast.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    I wish I'll be done with diet forever and already enjoying a better shape and some toning. I also hope I'll be able to run a bit and have more resistence. Apart from fitness I hope I'll be able to cook more nice meals, especially cakes and such, I hope I'll also finally get my 1st degree so that I'll start to study for the second one. I hope I'll make new friends or keep the ones I already have close and I hope I'll still be with my loved one.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 766 Member
    My goal is to be fit, active and healthy. And oh yeah fit into a size 5. Awesome. Dreams.......
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Hmmm...initially...this is hard. A year ago today I was 8 days from having brain surgery already feeling like I was not living at all. All of this year I've been trying to live in the moment and not focus so much on the future.

However, there are some things I'd like to work on in my personal life. I tend to spread myself thin and try to do too much for everyone everywhere. People pleaser, if you will. I need to be more assertive about asking others for help when I just don't have the time or energy to do everything.

Sort of along the same lines, I have to stop making excuses for other people...for example, at work I really need/deserve a raise...but I haven't had one in years basically because of the economy (I work in the housing industry). People tell me I should ask for a raise, but I say, "but but but, it's been hard for the company, business is slow, everyone is hurting..." but at the end of the day EVERYTHING is more expensive now and makes my paycheck feel smaller and smaller and smaller.

Lol...got a little whiny there. TL;DR version. Be more assertive. Continue living in the moment. Lift like a beast.

^FYI, today is as good a day as any. :flowerforyou:
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Gainfully employed, new father, smaller, yet larger, a warlock, a jet, part tiger, rock star from Mars, cybernetic silverback gorilla, Charlie Sheen's personal trainer, and so forth....

I'm anticipating a busy year.
  • I want my divorce to be final. NOW.
    I need a better paying job.
    This "marriage" fiasco screwed up my job (had to take something NOW), and is going to delay finishing school if I ever do finish.

I want and need to do work to the house, including finishing the living room, my bedroom and the rooms for the boys.

So life=Divorce NOW
    Better job
    More quality time with my 2 boys....Doing things they will remember when they are my age.
    No serious dating for awhile

Home-updated to get through next winter without killing me in heating costs.
    Make it a HOME for my boys and I. I don't want this house being a bachelor pad.

Fitness-Lose 20lbs by July 12 and have MUCH more endurance and strength.
    Run a "mud run" of some kind over the summer
    Drop another 10-20lbs (reducing % body fat)

Career
    Working towards my own business with at least one product finalized and ready for online sales by the end of the year (Boating/outdoor products/gear)

^^THIS^^ is going to keep me BUSY!
  • MB_Positif

^FYI, today is as good a day as any. :flowerforyou:

Truth :heart:
  • MB_Positif
    new father

YAY!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    40 pounds lighter and near the end of my cut.

My springer all fixed up with all the parts I've been accumulating for her over the last two years.

Have something actually finished out of all the projects that are going on around our fixer-upper house.