P90X

Options
I start P90X tonight and I start off with core synergistics I dont have HRM yet but I wanted to know about how many calories I will burn doing this and the other exercises.

Replies

• MizzFitness
    MizzFitness Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It depends on whether you are giving 100%, your hear rate, fitness level, weight, etc... they say about 500-600 calories per workout. Many people burn much more than this but there are a few that only burn in the 200-300 calories range. A HRM is vital. if you can't get one now just start with the 500 calorie burn estimate. If you lose weight, it's working. If not, try a little less calories.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Each person is different. I found a Sportline hrm at Wal-mart for under $30, i recommend it.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I originally just went off of what they said (600 calories) and later I finally got around to using a HRM after 2 months into the program. I then discovered that I only am burning about 250 for each workout, maybe 300 on Plyo. So I'd been overeating cals the whole time and wondering why I hadn't seen better results. I'd definitely use a HRM if you can.