Restarting the journey

Options
Back in 2011, I had decided I had enough. I wanted to live a healthier lifestyle. I wanted to look in the mirror and feel good about how I looked. I had no idea about healthy body image but I can account to mental health as to why I did gain the weight. Food is a comfort and I am sure many of you can agree with me on that one. Food was definitely my comfort and I suffered the consequences.

Honestly, I want a better relationship with food. I want a better relationship with my body in general. I am not extremely overweight (I weighed in at 171 this morning at 5'4") I did make it down to 151 before I lost control again. I was so, so, so close! This time, I want to meet my goal of meeting a healthy weight. In order to do this, I need to have people to keep me accountable. This is where I am hoping this community will come in.

I am asking for some friends who might see my posts and say, "Hey, you did an awesome job with food today" or "Don't forget to get some exercise in!"

So, If you think that you are capable of that, please send me a request! I need to get this show on the road!

Replies

• teerae326
    teerae326 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    We're the same weight and height! I've been trying to lose about 60 lbs since July last year and have been in a bit of a slump. I could use an encouraging friend as well. Friend request sent! :)
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Im 5 ft 5 and weigh 165 I have around 14lbs to go and like you ive had my mental demons and I see food as a comfort in times of stress and loss etc so im with you add me and we can kick each others butts and also encourage celebrate losses and keep each other going on bad days xxx
  • fitjules35
    fitjules35 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am with you. I am back after gaining back 8 lbs slowly over the past few months. I am amazed at how quickly it comes back, especially since we know how many calories each pound takes. Did I really eat thousands and thousands of extra calories over the past few months? I don't feel like I enjoyed eating any more than usual. It was just filler junk food! I feel so much better eating healthy.. I will add you. What do you enjoy for exercise? I just reviewed my diary from when I was losing and that really helped remind me of what I need to do. We can do this!