Profiles with no pics or generic pics

Options
So, you're new to MFP, why do people not put up pics of them, who they are? Granted, you're looking at what I just consumed in my main avatar, but show your face, I love getting to know my friend list and seeing who they are, I'm nosey :) And it makes for a better connection for me. Don't be embarrassed of how you look, hell, I have got some issues myself, but have my profile slammed full of random kodaks. Anyhow....that's my Monday AM digesting thought of the day....:drinker: :drinker:

Replies

• Fitastic14
    Options
    So, you're new to MFP, why do people not put up pics of them, who they are? Granted, you're looking at what I just consumed in my main avatar, but show your face, I love getting to know my friend list and seeing who they are, I'm nosey :) And it makes for a better connection for me. Don't be embarrassed of how you look, hell, I have got some issues myself, but have my profile slammed full of random kodaks. Anyhow....that's my Monday AM digesting thought of the day....:drinker: :drinker:

I'm guilty, but you persuaded me. And you're beautiful! And fun! =) (Not being creepy, just nice.)
  • ajmaupin
    Options
    I do not take pictures of myself (never have) and usually access on my phone or at work so it is not important to me.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    some people do it for privacy reasons...
  • librarianjenne
    librarianjenne Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It took me a while to figure out how to do it.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    The interwebz can be a scary place and people are nuckin futs around these parts. That's why people do it.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Wait, does this mean the OP is actually a plate of food?
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    some people do it for privacy reasons...

I'm not embarrassed about how I look. I just don't want my face all over the interwebz.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Says the breakfast plate.:laugh:
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    They must be hiding something.
  • jamiebxo
    jamiebxo Posts: 116
    Options
    Some people just want to use this website to log, keep themselves in check and accountable, maybe browse the forums from time to time and contribute to discussions occasionally, not for social purposes. There are also people who just don't feel comfortable taking photos of themselves and uploading it to the Internet, some people have no confidence whereas others are just cautious about what they share on the net.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Come on OP, you put a breakfast plate as your pic and then have your profile set to private? I guess your reason for doing so could possibly be the reason why others do it too, but that's just conjecture on my part. :huh: :noway:
  • And my breakfast was damn good, hence the Kodak. I shared to show the nutritional content. Gotcha, thanks for the feedback peeps. Have a good day! :bigsmile:
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Your profile is private so no one can see your pics. I can't understand why people are always posting pictures of food. :huh:
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

well.... there is that thing where any picture you put on the interwebz is fair game for anyone, including advertising companies, to take and use as they see fit...... and stalkers/creepers......
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Why i admit it would be nice to see a person...it certainly does not dictate whether i freind a person or not. Ill give anyone a chance. people need to do whats comfortable for them.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Come on OP, you put a breakfast plate as your pic and then have your profile set to private? I guess your reason for doing so could possibly be the reason why others do it too, but that's just conjecture on my part. :huh: :noway:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options
    The interwebz can be a scary place and people are nuckin futs around these parts. That's why people do it.

Thank you for saying this!!

I live in a rural area. People being 'helpful' will give others your address, detailed directions to your home or phone number. I have had patients call me at home, and one persistent patient showed up at my home. I live 25 miles out of town, so it takes EFFORT for the creepers to come here... And even MORE effort for the law to show up.

I keep my FB quite private as well, with no pictures of my children on it. Remember, whatever you put out on the interweb is there forever.
  • Why i admit it would be nice to see a person...it certainly does not dictate whether i freind a person or not. Ill give anyone a chance. people need to do whats comfortable for them.

Very good point. I suppose I shall change my perception on MFP:bigsmile:
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I guess I don't see what the problem is with showing a picture of yourself?