First rest day. WAY OVER CALORIES!! HELP!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    1900 calories for a special day for a 21-year-old guy seems really low (i.e., that seems like what you should be eating daily). Are you sure you've calculated your BMR and TDEE correctly and are setting a safe and realistic calorie goal? It sounds to me like you're not getting enough calories, which is making you overeat sometimes.
  • tarascan1
    tarascan1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Look for free foods that fill you up with no calories , I have been eating Jicama with is very good and very low calories and it is like eating apple if you get a sweet one
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ use this to determine how much you should eat.

Also make sure to eat a lot of protein and fiber to fill you up.
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    This happened to me on my first few rest days. My friends on here told me that it happened to them, too! What you have to do is save some of your exercise calories so that you can eat them back on your rest day.

Sometimes this is easiest if you choose to eat the same # of cals every day, (assuming you do the same # of exercise every week).

OR, you can just mentally/manually remember how much to add to your rest day. Your body is repairing and needs food, but if you feel restricted you're going to lose control. So don't restrict yourself. Sometimes I give myself more to eat on my rest day than on days when I burn a TON of cals. Because that's just when my body feels hungry!

It'll get better! Just keep trucking along and making improvements as you go!
  • ohlookabear
    Options
    It's monday.. If that happened yesterday my weekly average would be totally fine.. but it's monday :(