Please help with calorie intake!!!

Options
So I need some help. basically I lost some weight on 1200-1250 calories from June-September and at healthy weight now. I'm trying to maintain and and upped to 1300-1400 in October to now and lost some more weight.
I'm at a TOTAL loss on what amount I need to maintain my weight. I'm 18 years old, a high school student and just do the basic activities and work at a daycare for 3 hours per day. I don't do any other exercise though. I'm pretty small build and do NOT get hungry that often. I'm always full on 1300-1400 for the night. Did I ruin my metabolism?
I really don't wanna gain any weight back so how can I maintain my weight without gaining any back and how should I go about increasing? All at once, 50 a week, etc?

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    If you lost on 1250, then maintenance would be around 1750 - 500 pounds more a day.

But find out. Go to My Home. Put in your current weight, age, sex, and activity level. Say you want to lose 0 pounds. It will tell you how many calories to eat.
  • ecl265
    ecl265 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Like the person above me said, it depends on a lot of different factors. I think most people require more than 1300 or 1400 calories a day, especially someone your age who is still growing and requires more energy. I would just increase your caloric intake slowly (by 100 calories or so to start?) and then wait a couple weeks with those adjustments to see how it affects your weight. Like the other poster said, MFP can help you determine a goal for maintenance that should be pretty accurate. I'd start with that.
    It doesn't sound like you ruined your metabolism to me though. Most younger people have a faster metabolism, which is why they usually require more calories. If you had ruined it, you would be having trouble losing weight- not maintaining/gaining.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ should give you a pretty good idea. Just increase your calories slowly.