Dance Work Out Video

Options
What are some dance (UP-TO-DATE MUSIC) work out videos? I love dancing but I only do at home work outs. Advice please!

Replies

• cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    You'd have to say what kind of music or dance you mean for me. I love Vanessa Isaac's samba dance workouts, and they have nice music, but it's probably fairly generic Rio samba beats. Still, Rio street samba is just cool period ;) Quenia Ribeiro is supposed to be great, but I haven't tried hers. Check youtube and see if they match well with you.

For bellydance, which usually is more like drills or choreo than workouts, the tribal fusion bellydancers like Rachel Brice sometimes have very current music, but even they go pretty generic sometimes on the DVDs. Darshan's DVD is probably very dated now, but I still love her choice of cool music for the (long) warm-up and do it all the time. Unfortunately, the dance itself that you learn is not to a great song at all (imho).

I haven't done any hip-hop dance DVDs recently at all, but that's your best bet for US current music, imho. I love hip-hop but don't do it well, so that's why I haven't kept up on those.

I do the samba for fun, energetic dance and the bellydance for more muscle control, spine therapy kind of targeted dance. It can be slower/less movement than things like Zumba. The moves can be very targeted on certain body parts, I mean. The music is usually traditional ME music unless you choose a fusion artist. There's some Goth dancers' DVDs out there, even, though that probably have industrial music! You can find a wide range of styles and it's really a great workout.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    What are some dance (UP-TO-DATE MUSIC) work out videos? I love dancing but I only do at home work outs. Advice please!

Purchasing music rights for DVDs is really expensive............are you looking for tunes by actual artists? For actual artists....look at Just Dance video games.

These websites might help find DVDs the have decent music (or not)......but not actual artists. You can view clips at least....

http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise-videos/dance-exercise-videos-57

https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/category-s/341.htm
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    You'd have to say what kind of music or dance you mean for me. I love Vanessa Isaac's samba dance workouts, and they have nice music, but it's probably fairly generic Rio samba beats. Still, Rio street samba is just cool period ;) Quenia Ribeiro is supposed to be great, but I haven't tried hers. Check youtube and see if they match well with you.

For bellydance, which usually is more like drills or choreo than workouts, the tribal fusion bellydancers like Rachel Brice sometimes have very current music, but even they go pretty generic sometimes on the DVDs. Darshan's DVD is probably very dated now, but I still love her choice of cool music for the (long) warm-up and do it all the time. Unfortunately, the dance itself that you learn is not to a great song at all (imho).

I haven't done any hip-hop dance DVDs recently at all, but that's your best bet for US current music, imho. I love hip-hop but don't do it well, so that's why I haven't kept up on those.

I do the samba for fun, energetic dance and the bellydance for more muscle control, spine therapy kind of targeted dance. It can be slower/less movement than things like Zumba. The moves can be very targeted on certain body parts, I mean. The music is usually traditional ME music unless you choose a fusion artist. There's some Goth dancers' DVDs out there, even, though that probably have industrial music! You can find a wide range of styles and it's really a great workout.

BD stuff:
    Rachel's are pretty good- love the warm ups.
    Samira- Raqs-Fit is a new one she just released last year.
    Suhaila's are pretty good- they are WORK- but you have to want it.
    Nothing else is coming to me right now- I want to say NEON has one- but I kind of cant stand her.
    East Coast Tribal- her video doesn't really do it for me- but her style is amazing.
    Anasma has one that's very muscular based as well.
    Shakra- they have some really heavy duty stuff

that's what I got right now!

Check out Zouk- that's killer for the mid section- lot of opening and contracting.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Kathy Smith had a fun bellydancing one a few years back.
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options

BD stuff:
    Rachel's are pretty good- love the warm ups.
    Samira- Raqs-Fit is a new one she just released last year.
    Suhaila's are pretty good- they are WORK- but you have to want it.
    Nothing else is coming to me right now- I want to say NEON has one- but I kind of cant stand her.
    East Coast Tribal- her video doesn't really do it for me- but her style is amazing.
    Anasma has one that's very muscular based as well.
    Shakra- they have some really heavy duty stuff

that's what I got right now!

Check out Zouk- that's killer for the mid section- lot of opening and contracting.

I agree with all the above suggestions!
    Aziza's bellydance DVD are pretty dam good as well.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Aziza's bellydance DVD are pretty dam good as well.
    I've never actually used her's to be honest.

Michelle Joyce has a superb DVD selection- Cheeky Girl Productions. Highly recommend them.
    Kathy Smith had a fun bellydancing one a few years back.

joking right?