weight loss tip from Dr Oz

Options
I learned something today, from DR Oz's show about losing weight

People who take a Mulit Viamin lose weight quicker than people who dont

and

People who take Vitamin B Complex lose weight quicker, as it helps metabolize the body in losing weight

Just thought this would help those of us who take Vitamins ,that we arent throwing our money away on Vitamins

Good luck......Lloyd

Replies

• angiereid
    Options
    thanks for sharing any help is appreaciated
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    bumping..

thanks for the info. I always wonder about vitamins. I love the Dr Oz show!
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, I wish I could see the show everyday, might have to get tivo or something.
  • taniabourgeois27
    Options
    Thanks for the tip...every little bit helps :)
  • crystal1302
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I take a multi-vitamin and I take a B vitamin (Biotin). It does really help....I didn't hear that from Dr. OZ though, but it's nice to know that i'm doing something right. :smile:
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing, just remembered i forgot to take my vitamin today! :drinker:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Thanks for info. I take muti vit and B-1 and B12. That is enough B for me.......:-) Plus the B in the mult- vit. Nice to know for sure.
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip.

One note for women who are trying to lose weight while TTC or before TTC'ing is that B complex (specifically B6) really impacts your cycle. For some women (myself included) it is a wonder drug and really helps. But I know of many women who had very negative side effects from it. If you are not TTC, its a great drug. If you are, I would be very careful with it.
  • LuckySue333
    Options
    I was wondering if Vitamin daily helps... Guess this proves it does.
  • YourFriendBecky
    Options
    Off to pop my vitamin tablet! Thanks for sharing, I needed the reminder to take my vitamins anyway, and that's good news about it helping with weight loss!
  • osmium
    osmium Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Just because some guy on TV says it is so, doesn't necessarily make it so. Are there any actual studies on this?
  • patti626
    patti626 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    thanks lloyd....that is a great tip!
  • ebert5150
    ebert5150 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I read an article talking about extra calcium also helping in weight loss. I think it was in muscle and fitness magazine.
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Good to know..glad I started taking my multi-vitamin again!
    So would you take Vitamin B in addition ot the multi-vitamin?
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Just because some guy on TV says it is so, doesn't necessarily make it so. Are there any actual studies on this?
    true, we could then get into synthetic vs. the healthy natural vitamins. Centrum and some of those name brand? Not so healthy! Studies done on those but my brains too tried to pull it up at the moment, sorry.

There was recently a vitamin thread on MFP that would easy to pull up if anyone is interested that talked about the above.

I can definitely tell taking B6 around my cycle and ovulation, my hormone crazies aren't so crazy anymore. lol What works for me might not for another :)

EDIT: I do love his books and for the most part have found his info to be very informative....there have been a couple things though that I don't agree with so you're right self research is never a bad thing :)
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I learned something today, from DR Oz's show about losing weight

People who take a Mulit Viamin lose weight quicker than people who dont

and

People who take Vitamin B Complex lose weight quicker, as it helps metabolize the body in losing weight

Just thought this would help those of us who take Vitamins ,that we arent throwing our money away on Vitamins

Good luck......Lloyd

Vitamin tablets are ok, personally, I would never touch them.

There are certain vitamins that are toxic if too high a dosage is taken. People pop pills willy-nilly at all times nowadays, it is always for quick fixes too.

Vitamins A, D, and E are the ones to be careful of, too high a dosage in those and it can cause health problems that you really don't want - including cardiac problems!

Taking vitamin D without calcium is asking for trouble. Too much vitamin A is bad for the liver.

When it comes to vitamin C, if you take the chewable supplements, they can damage tooth enamel and can also cause kidney stones in people with gout or those with a history of stones. Diarrhoea is also another nasty side effect.

Everybody thinks that by taking the supplements it will safeguard them, however, taking too high a dosage is dangerous and it is a shame that education on that side of it is rarely mentioned.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    whoa, you mean those Flintstone chewables arent what I thought they were growing up, lol......

Thanks for that information, I will do more research in regards to what you mentioned. I only take a multi vitamin, one E, one D, and Niacin, which is extremely helpful in watching your blood pressure

Again, all this input really really helps in making decisions that affect out health. I know were all different, young , old , male, female, etc, so any input is used to educate myself in decision making..........thanks again, Good luck