How do YOU cope with Break ups?

Options
NekaMaye88
NekaMaye88 Posts: 162 Member
Working out more? Working out less? Eating better? Eating terribly? Sleeping a lot/less? ETC...

Replies

• sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Drinking and eating awfully, but especially cleaning and tidying like there's no tomrrow. Thank God my house has been a mess for a while now.
  • MomOfRose
    MomOfRose Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    When my BF of 10 months broke up with me, I didn't eat much for the following 3-4 months. Then when I hadn't found anyone to fill the hole, I started eating pasta (and only pasta) for dinner for the next 3-4 months. Now I'm kicking my butt for being an idiot and trying to lose the weight I gained.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else. At least that's what "they" say.

I have never had a breakup, but I would be damn sure I would make myself look as hot as possible so the ahole would be sorry we ever broke up
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Cry one time, and one time only (I think that’s a hormonal thing). Can’t say drink because I drink, no events required. If anything, I would feel sad and if that sadness worsened I would say extra prayers. Otherwise I would keep it moving, YOLO!
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Take a hot bath, drink a glass of wine, have a good cry, then conclude it's his loss and I move on. No sense wasting time on someone who doesn't want to be with me.
  • MizMiami305
    MizMiami305 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    More online dating! :D
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    More online dating! :D
    Lmao, was about to reply and this caught me off guard.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Stuff my face then decide to do something about it in about a week or two lol.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    wine, chocolate, and a lot of writing...and a vacation
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    There were two stages.

1st stage was totally pampering myself and eating whatever I wanted
    2nd stage, diving into healthy eating and exercise head first
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    After they take my "just break up" advice from here on the forums, I usually send them a FR and let them use me as a rebound bang.
  • SKINNYsupermodel
    Options
    Cry, have a good hard workout and take a long nap. Then wake up the next day and do something that makes me happy, and move on.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Tend to work out more and eat less. I am not a stress/depression eater. Interestingly enough, my last break up was almost exactly a year ago.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Only ever had one break-up but I became underweight afterwards because I got so depressed that my appetite just seemed to evaporate. Not the best way to do it!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Lots of crying and chocolate.

Drinking is an option but I feel it makes things worse. Nothing classier than a drunken phone call in the middle of the night begging them back OR telling them how much better off we are with out them.....then there is the whole hang over thing. It prolongs the pain because it numbs is and keeps us from feeling and experiencing the grieving process.

The physical pain is real and it SUCKS! Ya know, the feeling that someone is choking us while kicking us in the gut and punching us in the heart. This is a reaction to a chemical being cut off in our brain that is produced when we are in a relationship. We have to physically detox off of that for a while, then the emotional healing takes place.

I am very sorry for your pain. I have been hurt a few times and never EVER thought I would be able to love again. I thought it was all over for me and I had lost the only love I had ever known. Learn and grow from past relationships and they will prepare you for the greatest gift of the most wonderful relationship in the world.

Until then, cry a lot and eat chocolate.

Hugs
  • shrinkingfeefee
    shrinkingfeefee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    For me it was my husband of 4 years and while I was pregnant last year, at first it was hard for me to believe someone I loved for 8 years could do me how he did me so I sunk low with depression but then realized I had to do what was best for me and my 2 babies, so now I workout and am working on going back to school. For myself I truly have found that the best healing started within.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    You guys should post the date of your breakup...so I can look for the most vulnerable.
    Uh. Don't remember the date of any.
    -erases that from mind-
  • hyperbolee
    Options
    Voodoo dolls or lock them in the basement. It's all good.
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    xhamster.com

You're welcome.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    xhamster.com

You're welcome.
    I don't want to buy hamsters! Those things poop too much!!!