There go my calories....

Options
2»

Replies

• lrpeach
    lrpeach Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I normally go with the turkey or roast beef but only ham was left and I can't stand ham. :noway: The veggie sandwich had cheese and even some avocado so it wasn't all lettuce...but still. My family understands my committment but work does not. Even worse are the people who bring in sweets and other treats because they don't want it in the house. It was Jimmy John's by the way.
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    It was Jimmy John's by the way.

Hmmm...I wonder if they are in my neighborhood...
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Success isn't measured by how many times your fall, it's about how many times you get back up. :)
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    This is one of the reasons that I feel most people would be more successful looking at their intake on a weekly level rather than daily, especially for the folks eating at a very small intake.

This.

If you end up going over for the day then just reduce your calories by a little bit over the next few days so it evens out by weigh in day. No biggie.

Now I want a cookie!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I guess the good thing is before I started counting calories I wouldn't have given eating the entire lunch a second thought.

Exactly!! :-)

I have no idea of your typical eating habits so please don't take this as me being bossy.

But for me personally, a veggie sandwich without mayo wouldn't be enough food.

So I would plan immediately, I'm going to eat the chips OR I'm going to eat the cookie...and then have a backup plan for the non-chosen item like giving it away to someone in the group right then or saving it for my husband or mom or someone...and of course I may have had the same thing happen, and gone ahead and eaten the whole meal...but I would know from the start that eating NEITHER (chips & cookie) wasn't gonna happen.

My point is don't be too hard on yourself, too restrictive, and inadvertently set yourself up for too much of a challenge. I hope that makes sense!!