What's the best breakfast before a workout?

Options
Hey guys,

I do Power 90, so I alternate cardio and weights for 6 days (Mon = Cardio, Tue = Weights, Wed = Cardio, etc.). Sunday is my day off. I wake up around 7am. Have my breakfast around 8am. Workout around 9am.

I'm ok with my workouts, but I'm just thinking maybe there's a way to make it better. I eat two different types of breakfast.

1. Coffee, egg white omelete with mushrooms, spinach and mozzarella cheese, half of multi-grain english muffin, 2 strips of turkey bacon.
2. Coffee, Cup of cottage cheese, string cheese, half cup of berries (blueberries and raspberries).

So my question is, are my breakfasts ok? Should I be eating more carbs than proteins. Or more proteins than carbs? Or should they be about equal? I can't workout on an empty stomach, so I need to have breakfast before I start working out.

Just so you know, I also take ON Multi-Men Vitamins and Condense Pre-workout Drink.

What do you recommend?

Thanks

Replies

• roxielu0422
    roxielu0422 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but before a workout, I try to load up on protein and some whole grain carbs to get me through the workout. Your breakfasts look pretty balanced. Are you finding that you are hungry during your workout?
  • russellvolk
    russellvolk Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm not hungry at all. Actually, I love my breakfasts and don't want to change anything, but I'm thinking if I can be more productive during my workouts, I'm game. I just read somewhere that high carb breakfast helps with a cardio workout. I'm not sure if it's true.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I work out while still in a fasted state, then protein afterward. I don't like to have a full stomach jostling around during my workout.