No loss in last 2 weeks!

ATJune
ATJune Posts: 89 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I just realized........ in 3 months.... i lost only 6 lbs!!! and i hear folks have lost 6 lbs in a week!!!! grrrr...... too slow!:( i make sure I stick to the 1400 cals.. dono wat else to do!!:(

Replies

• maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    have you been eating your exercise calories? i didn't believe it would help but it does! its hard to think that we exercise so then we need to eat what we lost but it makes sense in a weird way, lol! maybe switch up your exercise routine....surprise your body!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    I ate pretty healthy for years - but I did not exercise. I was slowly gaining or staying the same. Once I started doing something with all that fuel I put into my body - I started losing. I suggest you add some exercise. You have less to lose - and the last 20 always goes very slow. Exercise can be a walk, a swim, a bike ride - just move it!
  • measure yourself! Sometimes you may not be losing the weight but you may be toning your muscles (which way more than fat) and losing inches! I've always been on the muscular side and have been stuck on 160 for a while now but have lost inches in my waist and hips. Somtimes the measuring tape is a better friend than the scale :)
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    I just realized........ in 3 months.... i lost only 6 lbs!!! and i hear folks have lost 6 lbs in a week!!!! grrrr...... too slow!:( i make sure I stick to the 1400 cals.. dono wat else to do!!:(

You are eating too few calories ... so your body is holding on to everything you are eating. Try eating closer to your calorie goal and work out!

Also DRINK MORE WATER :)

EDIT: I took a gander at your food diary :) and seems like some days you are drinking more water and your calories are higher. Maybe you need to shock your system. Try doing some more exercise and fluctuate your calories a tad :)
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    A lot of people think they can just starve them self and loose weight. Belive it or not, it doesn't work that way. If you do not eat enough, your body thinks it is starving and will preserve as much fat as it can. Eat at least 5 times, (ie grazing) Make sure and count your excerise and eat those calories as well.

You have to make sure your body is not starving for nutrion.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Please don't fret! I started my journey in December '09, and 9 months later, I've only lost 13lbs. However, I've been working out, 5-6 days p/wk and building muscle as I burn fat and I fit into clothes I was wearing when I was 10lbs thinner. Use measurements & how your clothes fit & look rather than the number on the scale. Just like age, it is but a number :flowerforyou:

When you're doing this 4-Life, it takes time, patience, persistence & consistence. As much as I wanted to give up after 3 months and not losing ANYTHING :explode: , I kept with my promise to myself and soon realized that I was getting a butt, not just the back-meld-into-the-thighs look, and my clothes were getting looser. You can do this, don't give up, I have faith in you :flowerforyou:

Add me as I friend & I will ensure you stick with this :flowerforyou:
  • qifitness
    qifitness Posts: 49 Member
    measure yourself! Sometimes you may not be losing the weight but you may be toning your muscles (which way more than fat) and losing inches! I've always been on the muscular side and have been stuck on 160 for a while now but have lost inches in my waist and hips. Somtimes the measuring tape is a better friend than the scale :)

Muscle does NOT weigh more than fat.

This is the biggest and daftest of all fitness myths.

1lb muscle = 1lb fat = 1lb muscle. They weigh exactly the same.
    1kg fat = 1kg muscle = 1kg fat. They weigh exactly the same.

Stick to using your tape measure.
    It will give you a better indication of losing excess, bulky fat.
  • ATJune
    ATJune Posts: 89 Member
    oh... sounds interesting.. dnt think i'd have to eat more :)thanks for all the feed back
  • KarenBorter
    measure yourself! Sometimes you may not be losing the weight but you may be toning your muscles (which way more than fat) and losing inches! I've always been on the muscular side and have been stuck on 160 for a while now but have lost inches in my waist and hips. Somtimes the measuring tape is a better friend than the scale :)

Muscle does NOT weigh more than fat.

This is the biggest and daftest of all fitness myths.

1lb muscle = 1lb fat = 1lb muscle. They weigh exactly the same.
    1kg fat = 1kg muscle = 1kg fat. They weigh exactly the same.

Stick to using your tape measure.
    It will give you a better indication of losing excess, bulky fat.

Okay ... fat is bulkier then lean muscle ;) heh
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    First I dont think you are starving yourself...LOL! Thats where MFP put you!!! I took a peak at your diary, I think you are eating too many carbs. Try to eat more veggie and lean meats :)
  • KarenBorter
    oh... sounds interesting.. dnt think i'd have to eat more :)thanks for all the feed back

I am having SUCH a hard time wrapping my head around this but honestly I started 13 days ago and have lost 5 lbs. Most of this I realize is water weight but I have been eating my calories and drinking my water, working out and have lost weight. It's math LOL. There is a really great explanation on the message boards here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/117726-eating-exercise-cals-slowing-your-weight-loss-read-this
  • Glad you cleared that up. My doctors must be wrong too, since they were the ones that told me that myth. Can't trust doctors...who can you trust?!
This discussion has been closed.