I'm here....again...for the third time

Options
Third times a charm right?
This is my third time coming back to here...and I need some SERIOUS motivation.
The past year has been a rollercoaster ride between family, friends, relationships, work, and me.

I've dropped the baggage that sucked me into a dark place and family is in OK place right now.
As for me...I'm a work in progress.

I haven't gained but I've maintained an unwanted weight...size.

It's not so much the number on the scale but the number on my pants and how I feel when I look in the mirror.

I am open to any and all criticism and help, hopefully more help then criticism.

If you have any pointers on picking yourself back up from the lowest point in your life - message me - add me - help me.

I'll do this journey alone but it's much more fun with other people coming along with you.

"If we always do what we've always done, we will always be who we've always been." :flowerforyou:

Replies

• wshultz14
    wshultz14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Welcome... glad your back.. This is my second time.
    All that is required is that you try, and don't take yourself too seriously.
  • SavingFaith65
    SavingFaith65 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome... glad your back.. This is my second time.
    All that is required is that you try, and don't take yourself too seriously.

Trying I can def do.... don't take myself too seriously - that might be a struggle haha
  • rxyl81
    rxyl81 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You didn't give up on yourself, which in and of itself is a huge accomplishment. Just take it one day at a time and one step at time. Keeping a food journal and exercise journal helps me. Also, try to exercise most days even if its for 30 minutes. And last but not least, think before you eat something bad, think through it before you do it. You have to get yourself to change the rationalizing of bad eating habits for comfort. You can do it! Just take it easy and enjoy the journey.
  • SavingFaith65
    Options
    You didn't give up on yourself, which in and of itself is a huge accomplishment. Just take it one day at a time and one step at time. Keeping a food journal and exercise journal helps me. Also, try to exercise most days even if its for 30 minutes. And last but not least, think before you eat something bad, think through it before you do it. You have to get yourself to change the rationalizing of bad eating habits for comfort. You can do it! Just take it easy and enjoy the journey.

Have to be honest I came close to giving up on myself - but yes a major accomplishment to make it through hell. I think my issue is I want things done or to happen RIGHT NOW - I lack patience, gives me anxiety. I make a lot of bad food choices. I'm interested in cooking healthy - looking at recipes and how to make healthy smoothies, I just don't do it. Thanks for the advice!
  • rxyl81
    rxyl81 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have to be honest I came close to giving up on myself - but yes a major accomplishment to make it through hell. I think my issue is I want things done or to happen RIGHT NOW - I lack patience, gives me anxiety. I make a lot of bad food choices. I'm interested in cooking healthy - looking at recipes and how to make healthy smoothies, I just don't do it. Thanks for the advice!
    [/quote]

I can really empathize with you as it wasn't too long ago where I was there myself. I totally get the "want it now" feeling but you have to remember that you didn't gain weight over night and you won't lose it that fast either. And indulging in the bad behavior because of how bad you feel is only self destructive and will not help you at all. You need to break the vicious cycle of eating because you feel bad and feeling bad because you eat bad food. Just break it. Now. Think before you make food choices. You need to re-train yourself and create new habits and the only way you can do that is by practicing daily. Think before you put the bad food in your mouth. If you still want something after thinking about it then have a little and exercise to burn it off or eat less of something else. You have to find what works for you. Some things may stick and others may not but what matters is that you adapt and try something new until something sticks. Also, reward yourself. Be proud of yourself for wanting to take control of your life and finally wanting to do something for yourself to make yourself happy. But don't reward yourself by overeating. Reward yourself with non food related things. Last thing, if you are the kind of person who has no self control over desserts or certain types of food (like myself) then don't set yourself up for failure. Meaning, don't buy a pizza thinking you will just have a slice and eat another one tomorrow. Because if you do you might just end up eating the whole thing then feel like absolute crap for doing so. Believe me. I know from experience. Take all your thoughts about what you want to do and make them reality.
  • SavingFaith65
    Options

I can really empathize with you as it wasn't too long ago where I was there myself. I totally get the "want it now" feeling but you have to remember that you didn't gain weight over night and you won't lose it that fast either. And indulging in the bad behavior because of how bad you feel is only self destructive and will not help you at all. You need to break the vicious cycle of eating because you feel bad and feeling bad because you eat bad food. Just break it. Now. Think before you make food choices. You need to re-train yourself and create new habits and the only way you can do that is by practicing daily. Think before you put the bad food in your mouth. If you still want something after thinking about it then have a little and exercise to burn it off or eat less of something else. You have to find what works for you. Some things may stick and others may not but what matters is that you adapt and try something new until something sticks. Also, reward yourself. Be proud of yourself for wanting to take control of your life and finally wanting to do something for yourself to make yourself happy. But don't reward yourself by overeating. Reward yourself with non food related things. Last thing, if you are the kind of person who has no self control over desserts or certain types of food (like myself) then don't set yourself up for failure. Meaning, don't buy a pizza thinking you will just have a slice and eat another one tomorrow. Because if you do you might just end up eating the whole thing then feel like absolute crap for doing so. Believe me. I know from experience. Take all your thoughts about what you want to do and make them reality.
    [/quote]

Take all your thoughts about what you want to do and make them reality.
    ^^^ That is the hardest part...It's mostly mental with me. Hard to break the cycle of negative - everything - eating, thinking, actions.
    I'm not battling anyone else but myself right now. Thanks for the insight on your own experience - it's a lot similar to what I do. Better sharpen my blade for battle - haha
  • sprtz
    sprtz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm back myself not that I been eating badly but what a difference it makes when you log what you eat. Glad your back.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! Never stop trying. You can do this. Good Luck on your journey.
  • SavingFaith65
    Options
    I'm back myself not that I been eating badly but what a difference it makes when you log what you eat. Glad your back.

It really does help when you log! Makes you realize how much you actually eat or don't eat.
    Thank you!
  • SavingFaith65
    Options
    Welcome back!! Never stop trying. You can do this. Good Luck on your journey.

Thank you! I'm excited for this!
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    It's good that you are back. Tack a picture of how you are now. Take additional picture every 10 or 15 pounds or when see changes in your clothes When you feel like you need motivation look at the pictures to help you see your changes. Take it one meal and one day at a time. To keep it off we to focus on our choice and make sure they will no undo our success. Exercise helps also.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Hi good luck on your goals. I understand needing help, even someone to just listen. If anyone would like to add. I'm happy to be here to motivate or help
  • cycleman10
    Options
    You can do this!!! Never give up!! The tragedy in life is not death, or weight gain, or not eating right yes those things are frustrating but the tragedy is letting what is inside you die (your passion,dreams etc...) while you are still living. Getting knocked down (gaining weight bad relationships etc...) are a part of life, getting back up and coming back for more, now that's living!!!! Stand inside the fire and get it done !!!!!! Im struggling too actually gained weight but guess what? i'm on it and its about me.....and its about you and anyone else. That's not arrogant because it is about other people as well but you have to love you and be able to look in the mirror and say hey I love this person. It took me a long time to realize that. Don't let guilt or your past keep you down....the only person messing with you is YOU. Go for it....eye of the tiger!!!!
  • SavingFaith65
    Options
    It's good that you are back. Tack a picture of how you are now. Take additional picture every 10 or 15 pounds or when see changes in your clothes When you feel like you need motivation look at the pictures to help you see your changes. Take it one meal and one day at a time. To keep it off we to focus on our choice and make sure they will no undo our success. Exercise helps also.
    Absolutely! I actually just printed some pictures of me when I was my heaviest (which is not at this moment) to look at and say NEVER AGAIN! But tracking progress visually and not just numerically makes a big difference! Thank you so much for the advice! Good luck on your journey you're doing great!
  • SavingFaith65
    Options
    Hi good luck on your goals. I understand needing help, even someone to just listen. If anyone would like to add. I'm happy to be here to motivate or help
    You are correct! Having support, especially someone to listen is few and far between! Thank you for the support!
  • SavingFaith65
    Options
    You can do this!!! Never give up!! The tragedy in life is not death, or weight gain, or not eating right yes those things are frustrating but the tragedy is letting what is inside you die (your passion,dreams etc...) while you are still living. Getting knocked down (gaining weight bad relationships etc...) are a part of life, getting back up and coming back for more, now that's living!!!! Stand inside the fire and get it done !!!!!! Im struggling too actually gained weight but guess what? i'm on it and its about me.....and its about you and anyone else. That's not arrogant because it is about other people as well but you have to love you and be able to look in the mirror and say hey I love this person. It took me a long time to realize that. Don't let guilt or your past keep you down....the only person messing with you is YOU. Go for it....eye of the tiger!!!!
    I am my own worst enemy - worst critic - worst everything. Bad has been done onto me by others but not what I'm doing to myself by beating myself up on a daily basis. I haven't "lived" in a while - I'm ready to breath in the air and remember what it's like to be happy and joyous! Good luck on your journey of weight gain! Thank you for your awesome words!
  • SharonBluntz
    SharonBluntz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!
    This is my third time as well!
  • chubbs43
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts,reading this sounds just like me I am my worst enemy.my wt is 300 never was this high????this is my first wk trying to find a new way of cooking healthy for me and my family.
  • SavingFaith65
    Options
    Good luck!!
    This is my third time as well!
    We got this! Staying focused and in line will be my biggest issue. Good luck to you!
  • SavingFaith65
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts,reading this sounds just like me I am my worst enemy.my wt is 300 never was this high????this is my first wk trying to find a new way of cooking healthy for me and my family.
    Well first off welcome and congrats on taking the first step! It won't be easy but it will get easier - as long as you stay focused at the end result.
    Make small goals first - I've found trying to do it all at once gets frustrating and overwhelming. Having your family involved with this will really make it easier on you to stay committed but in the end it's all on you.
    Don't lose sight of where you want to be by what you want in the moment.
    Be nice to yourself (I struggle with this!) - starting with changing your profile name if possible! Stay positive you got this!