Early Birdie

Options
SunKissed1989
SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
I'm an early bird (one of the MANY traits I share with my dad who always gets up early to get the papers and the groceries as soon as the shop opens on a Saturday morning). I like to set my alarm for earlier than I need to so (my alarm's always set for 7am) I have time to wake up properly, get myself ready for the day and the likes. Even if I don't have anything planned (no classes, placement, work or morning workout), I like to have the morning to 'be lazy' and sit in my PJs because I've got the rest of the day to do stuff.

My flatmate asked me if there are days when I just can't be bothered going to the gym or I hate 'having' to get up at 7am (for work etc…). Sometimes, that is the case. However, it's not the getting up at 7am factor, it's the having to go to work or placement (which I set my alarm for 5am as my placement is a 2 hour commute once a week) that I can't be bothered with. Getting up at 7am because I CHOOSE to is a different story. I'm not getting up because I have to be somewhere at a certain time. I'm getting up because I want to do what I want to do and it's on my own terms.

As for being bothered going to the gym…sometimes I can't be bothered going to the gym. However, I also can't be bothered feeling crap for missing out on an amazing workout. There's also that amazing feeling as I walk out of the gym at the end of a workout that makes it worthwhile - now THAT, I can be bothered going to the gym for.

Anyone else out there an early birdie like myself?