Are you clean/organized?

Options
2»

Replies

• SweetLilyR
    SweetLilyR Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    OP: please teach my husband! I should have known by the state of his dorm room that he was a total slob, but I went and married him anyway...

I love love love having a neat and clean, uncluttered, everything-in-it's-place environment. I tend to get stressed out and irritable when my house gets dirty and there's junk lying around EVERYWHERE. I also have two small kids who have picked up their father's sloppy ways...which probably accounts for my generally high levels of stress.

At the present state, I'm staring at a bunch of toys left on the floor and couch in the living room, a LOT of items that were taken out and not put back (how hard is it to put nail clippers back in the bathroom??????), and dishes piled on the counter from dinner. I think the biggest issue I struggle with is things just not being put back in their proper place - it's a huge waste of time and effort to hunt down one item that could have been put back within 3 seconds. Oh, and don't get me started about my husband's issues with not putting his dirty clothing in the hamper. That was the only thing we argued about for the first two years of marriage!

I'm not OCD about clutter or cleanliness, but I am about organization and lists... www.wunderlist.com is my absolute lifesaver when it comes to being organized! I have about 16-18 different lists, usually with multiple items that have subtasks and files attached...it's my OCD list nirvana!
  • IVMarkIV
    IVMarkIV Posts: 116
    Options
    Nearing OCD organized and sadly notice the slightest displacement of objects