Great Exercises!

Tonya1979
Tonya1979 Posts: 72
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Could someone here please give me some great exercise suggestions that I can do at home. I don't have weights the only thing I really have is a treadmill but when I go on that I run out of breath to quick. I go on a 15min walk 5 days a week in the morning outside. What else can I do from home that does not require me going out and buying anything right now.

Replies

• Do you have a bike? If so, you can google where a state or regional park near you is. They usually have paved bike/walk loops that vary in distance. That will give you a change of scenery as well when you're exercising! Hope that helps! :happy:

Nicole
  • get yourself a box that can hold your body weight and do step ups, go utube look for exercise, you can find alot of videos there that dont require you to purchase anything. I also would suggest maybe walking a little slower pace longer. like 3.0 speed for few weeks and before you know it you be able to handle a higher speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXy3NjHtBSc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdwvNH6rV0g&feature=channel

www.playitfitness.com

one thing I would suggest maybe buying that is pretty cheap is a workout/Resistance band
  • Without going outside or buying anything? Hmmm.....jumping jacks, lunges, push ups, crunches, squats....having a brain fart trying to think of more, but those are excellent ways of getting some cardio as well as toning. They burn some good calories too! I used to include these in my workouts, doing 2-3 sets of each worked great for me. If you're able to, in the future, work out dvd's are awesome to use at home. I have Power 90, Zumba, and Jillian's 30 day shred....all of them provide some great workouts that kick your butt!! Good luck getting it all figured out! Wish I had more to offer!
  • You can make homemade weights re-using large plastic milk containers, and filling them part way with water, sand or rocks. If you have a backpack, you can put something heavy in it (books) and carry it when you walk to burn extra calories. And like others have mentioned, you can do a lot of exercises that just use your own body weight, like sit-ups, push-ups, squats, etc.... Good luck!
  • Thanks for all the great ideas.
  • izobel
    izobel Posts: 116 Member
    If you are getting out of breath on the treadmill slow down. I think walking on maximum incline is great exercise. Start slow enough that you don't dread going on it and it is not a chore.
    hundredpushups.com (also for abs and squats) is fun. Start with your knees on the floor and don't be shy about repeating days. Pushups do wonders for the core muscles.
    Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.