exercising only at home?

Options
2»

Replies

• kiki2009
    kiki2009 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am just starting my 4th week and have lost 23 pounds. I am eating 1200 calories, finally on some thyroid medication, and biking on average two hours a day. Feel free to add me. (24 years old)
  • hol_lou85
    hol_lou85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    hi - i lost all my weight so far by using this app and only exercising at home! it can certainly be done
  • paul_draper
    paul_draper Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I don't use a gym and only exercise a little at home. I attend a tai chi class once or twice a week but mostly I run (10- 25 miles a week) and cycle to and from work (60+ miles a week). I'm probably a bit lacking in strength training but I was after losing weight rather than gaining muscle.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I exercise only at home. I have a treadmill, a fitness trampoline, a bike, a stability ball, youtube, and a dog. I enjoy being at home because I work long hours away. I've been at maintenance for over a year, so I think it's fine.

Do what works for you and fits with the rest of your life.
  • NoExcusesFitnessCoach
    Options
    I prefer to workout at home. I use DVD workout programs like Turbo Fire, P90X3, etc. I've had incredible results. But you have to find what you prefer. Some people really love going to the gym, others don't. I'm not a fan of gyms. You can have success either way, but the most important thing for either option is consistency with both exercising and nutrition.

If you can maintain consistency with at home workouts, go for it! I always schedule my workouts for the week in my phone and have had a lot of luck finding support groups/motivation here as well. There are lots of options!

Good luck :smile:
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 70 pounds and I am 100% working out at home. I've had gym memberships since I was 15 years old and this is the healthiest I have been. However, I have spent years investing in my "home gym". I rely on YT and social media for ideas. I LOOOOVE working out at home and live in an areas where there are lots of parks, places to hike and bike ride, and schools so I enjoy being active outdoors when the weather permits. I think it all depends on your personality and what your goals are. There really is no wrong/right way...just the BEST way for you. All the best!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I haven't been in a gym since January 2012. I went for about 3 months but I really didn't enjoy it. I did my first round of couch to 5k on a treadmill and then quit.
    I've done nothing but home workouts and c25k/running/c210k outside since then. The money I save from not going to the gym pays for my running shoes and sportswear fetish (heh).
  • HappyNewTamera2014
    Options
    I do not own any exercise equipment. I walk/jog and I am training for my first 5k. I found a few cinder blocks by the recycle bins so I brought them home. I am going to use them. Already googled for ideas and found the frugal something or other and he shows exercises to do with those cinder blocks. Pretty heavy too they are like 30 plus lbs lol Anyways....good luck, you do not need gym, when there is a will there is a way.