Cottage cheese and tuna pasta

Options
jordanlell
jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
So I'm a little low on food at the moment, and in my desperation to have somewhat of a healthy dinner, I cooked up some pasta, threw it in a pan with olive oil, cottage cheese, and tuna. Now I was thinking that this would be somewhere between okay and awful, but it was actually really good! The cottage cheese sort of turned into a creamy sauce-like texture. Not necessarily low calorie, but high in protein! I added a few of the spices I always keep on hand- cayenne, garlic, basil, dried onion, etc.

Don't know if any has tried this before, but it was new to me, so I thought I'd share!

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! I bet I could get hubby to eat cottage cheese this way. Thanks!
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    My tummy grumbled :)
  • annael25
    annael25 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That actually sounds pretty yummy! I could see how the cottage cheese would form into a creamy sauce. Yum! Thanks for sharing.
  • skiextrm
    skiextrm Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You reminded me of a 30 year old WW recipe, so I located it. "Tuna Bake". This has 10 oz pkg of frozen chopped broccoli (cooked), 2 cans tuna, 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt, 2 cups noodles, 2 oz grated cheddar, 1 oz grated parmesan, onion flakes, pinch garlic, 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. 30 mins @ 350. We loved it!

You hit on a winner.