Words of encouragement

Options
I was put down when I was a teenager by my parents and peers for being bigger and I bet some of you were as well. We are judged by society for being big. But we are trying to better ourselves and that is all that matters. Remember this. You are NOT a fat person trying to lose weight, rather you are a healthy, beautiful person trying to cut away the image the rest of the world sees.

I sometimes post words of encouragement like this on my feed and if any of you want a friend and a fellow MFP user to comment and share weigh loss encouragement with, go ahead in add me. We should all be in this together, because when we better ourselves, we better the world.

Peace.

Replies

• kareit
    kareit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was put down by some family and peers much of my life for being big, so I can definitely relate. Thanks for the wonderful encouragement!
  • theseus82
    theseus82 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My brothers were the active "food police" in my house. They were the gatekeepers of the food and gave me dirty looks when I went back for 2nds or sometimes 3rds. I could always eat a lot, and they constantly made me feel like eating food was something I had to do in secret. It was not very good for me and that is why I never make anyone feel bad about what they eat. I remember how it felt when I was younger and my brothers thought it was their job to monitor how much of dinner everyone "deserved" and if I was helping myself to "too much" of the food available. Pretty ****ty thing of them to do.