Halfway to goal w/ pics; 175 to 155; 5'6"

Options
My goal is around 125-130 but I'm more about feeling happy and looking toned rather than a number. Here are some progress pics if it helps motivate anyone though. Feel free to add me! :)

wmbf9j.jpg

110k41g.jpg

Replies

• kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Great job. You look great! Just out of curiosity, why are you focusing on so much more loss instead of weight training and lowering body fat percentage beyond this point? I can see the appeal for people to want to get more into the mid or lower range of their BMI but it seems like since you're already looking really good, you might get better results out of more strength training, not just more loss. A 30 pound loss seems like a counter productive goal when you could probably have totally killer out-of-the-park results with a smaller loss and an increase in lean mass so that your overall body fat goes down more but not necessarily your overall weight as much.:flowerforyou:
  • FittyNotFattie2014
    Options
    Thank you :) And I agree. That's why I said I'm more about how I feel rather than a number. I want to lose more because I know I still have a good amount to lose from my thighs. I've always carried more weight on my legs than on my stomach. I want to continue doing cardio to get to a lower body fat percentage and then start doing a lot more weight training. Basically whenever abs start to show is when I'll be happy :)
  • AlainaKayy
    AlainaKayy Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think you look great! There is a pretty drastic change in those 20 pounds; and yay you for not living by the number on the scale. I think that's where most of us get it wrong. Focusing on a number versus how our body is feeling and/or looking. I'm going to add you.
  • ballito
    ballito Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm new to this only joined seriously today but signed up a couple of years ago. Well done on your success. How long has it taken you go reach your halfway goal.
  • kb2699
    kb2699 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done! I'm 5'6" aswell but have aimed my target as 154lbs for now, so this is really nice to see. Really pleased for you :)
  • FittyNotFattie2014
    Options
    This is about two months difference
  • FittyNotFattie2014
    Options
    Wow! Well done! I'm 5'6" aswell but have aimed my target as 154lbs for now, so this is really nice to see. Really pleased for you :)

I'm glad I could help!! :)
  • FittyNotFattie2014
    Options
    Personally, I think you look great! There is a pretty drastic change in those 20 pounds; and yay you for not living by the number on the scale. I think that's where most of us get it wrong. Focusing on a number versus how our body is feeling and/or looking. I'm going to add you.

I agree about too many people focusing on a number rather than health and fitness :)
  • uncharted01
    uncharted01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Woo!!! Awesome progress! What kind of things have you been doing to help get to you goal? :smile:
  • bumblebeez86
    bumblebeez86 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    you are looking great!!!!
  • FittyNotFattie2014
    Options
    Woo!!! Awesome progress! What kind of things have you been doing to help get to you goal? :smile:

Thank you! I've basically just cut back my calories and started working out 6-7 days a week. I also eat a lot healthier than I was. No pasta or white bread, etc. I've also learned to not make my diet too strict or I won't stick to it. I basically eat whatever I want now. Choosing to eat healthy isn't hard for me anymore because I have so many things I consider treats that still taste good
  • dannatona
    dannatona Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
  • FittyNotFattie2014
    Options
    Thank you! I want to keep going :)
  • FittyNotFattie2014
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!

Thank you! :)
  • kmclamb13
    kmclamb13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss.You look great .
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    wow! you look GREAT!!!!!
  • daniellabella986
    daniellabella986 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Great job. You look great! Just out of curiosity, why are you focusing on so much more loss instead of weight training and lowering body fat percentage beyond this point? I can see the appeal for people to want to get more into the mid or lower range of their BMI but it seems like since you're already looking really good, you might get better results out of more strength training, not just more loss. A 30 pound loss seems like a counter productive goal when you could probably have totally killer out-of-the-park results with a smaller loss and an increase in lean mass so that your overall body fat goes down more but not necessarily your overall weight as much.:flowerforyou:

Took the words right out of my mouth. You still look fantastic though, congrats!!!
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    How long did it take? Just curious, you look GREAT :)
  • FittyNotFattie2014
    Options
    How long did it take? Just curious, you look GREAT :)

Thank you! :) This is about 2 months difference
  • Jmartinleslie
    Options
    Wow! Only 2 months? That is inspiring! You look great :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!