Still taken aback

Options
Does anyone else forget how thin or more muscular they are now? I really did not lose any big numbers, but I put my hands on my waist today and nearly jumped because it curved inward, which felt so foreign. I've been this small for a little while, and it's kind of funny I'm still not adjusted.

Replies

• nubod200
    nubod200 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I can relate I have rollercoasted over the years and when I would reach my goal I would always have a hard time grasping it mentally. There were days I would be on top of the world and the next the way I felt is though I still weighed way heavier. I guess I could never understand how someone whith anorexia could be until then. I am on my way back down at this point from gaining back too much last year. The mind is a powerful thing. On being taken aback and feeling/looking fit - Well done!
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty weirded out by being able to feel my hip bones...but in a good way!
  • Mom_of_X
    Mom_of_X Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i've been coasting comfortably all winter, but recently had occasion to drop a few pounds for a dressy event - my body seems to be okay with the lesser weight, so this is the thinnest i've ever been in my adult life - it's startling to look in the mirror in the morning, or in certain close fitting clothes; it feels like i'm seeing a different person, even though i've been within 2-3 pounds of this size for YEARS...

so, yeah. totally with you on this one. some days are still 'WOW!' days for me, too. :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    No not really but Im one of those weird people who never really saw myself...

The people who are taken aback are my husband and son...

My son (who is almost 20) grabbed me the other day and threw me up on his shoulders...he was like "HOLY CRAP YOUR TINY"...as he hadn't lifted me in a long time (I think I hurt his back last time....:blushing: )

And my husband when he goes to hug me still can't believe he can grap his opposite elbow with his hand...and now even further...

He calls me his hard body....:blushing: :bigsmile: :blushing:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!