Valentine's Day picnic

Options
Hi everyone.

I have a pre-packed Valentine's Day picnic that I booked way before I started getting serious about weight-loss. I don't want to avoid it all together. But is there anyone who can advise which cheeses or breads are better than any of the others? I know that not all cheese is created equal.

Any advice would help, thanks.

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Low fat cheeses are almost the worst. Non fat cheeses are the super worst. Regular cheeses are the best.

Fresh cheeses like chevre or queso fresco are a tiny bit better if sodium is something you are watching. The absolute best cheese is St Andre.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Low fat cheeses are almost the worst. Non fat cheeses are the super worst. Regular cheeses are the best.

Fresh cheeses like chevre or queso fresco are a tiny bit better if sodium is something you are watching. The absolute best cheese is St Andre.

St Andre is amazing but if you are into blue then go for St Agur.........now that is mind blowing!

edited to say I would never care about the calories or sodium though from both of these. Too good and not an every day thing so enjoy on Valentines day!