how not to obess..please help

Options
2»

Replies

• KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I try to plan my meals out in advance (the evening before or in the morning), that way I know that what I'm eating is okay. If you're going out, then try to look up nutrition info ahead of time, or at least make a plan based on where you're going. I think it's okay to obsess over this to a certain extent, because educating ourselves and becoming aware of exactly what we are eating in an important part of this process. Over time, you'll just *know* what the healthier options are, and you'll be able to fit things in without necessarily having to plan everything out or obsess/worry over it.

This ^^ that way you know. This takes planning. I usually plan my snacks the night before (to take to work) and my breakfast. Sometimes I can even figure my lunch out before hand. I think as you get used to it you won't be so overly cautious. ALSO this site is teaching you not only how to eat, it's teaching you to know what portions LOOK like (for instance I know what 4oz of chicken looks like now) and that will help you when you are eating out. It is also going to teach you how to read labels.

You'll do FINE! enjoy the ride ... it's very rewarding!
  • Certified_Femail
    Certified_Femail Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    humm that is interesting.......i knew about shocking your matab that way is good but didnt think 2 days a week to not worry about it....seems to much. Maybe because i picture myself stuffing my face with a hamburger lmao.....lol o and lemon bars which i dream about all last night and hopefully not tonight. sheesh
  • allief
    Options
    I obsess also. It is an ugly circle for me.
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    thanks that really helped
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    NOT thinking about what we eat every minute of the day is what got us fat. Right? So, call it obsessing or call it being mindful, either way, its a requirement for our new life style :)
    830631.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
    I loved your response!!:flowerforyou: Very wisely put:heart:

So consider this a bump ....to hopefully help others that are in this exact spot the OP once was...
  • eengr86
    Options
    I use the Iphone app. I treat it like a game. I don't consider it obsessing as much as a challenge. For me, this has taught me that I was loading up at breakfast. The other thing it taught me is desserts are packed with meaningless calories. If I stay away from anything with refined sugar, pasta, rice or potatoes it really helps with not being hungry. Also, for me, if I can make it 3 days without the previous listed foods, the cravings for them stop.