Motivation! (Running)

Options
Hello all,

So this year I seem to be struggling with motivating myself to exercise! I know it's all about getting into a routine as this time last year I was gyming 3/4 times a week and eating 1200 calories, but somewhere along the way all the good habits have given way to the old again..

However I am now training for a half marathon! I need to seriously motivate myself to get some miles in my legs and get training properly and would love to use this as my main source of exercise in order to drop 2-3 stone by summer.

How did you all get yourself up and get yourself moving?

(Always looking for new friends folks)

Danielle

Replies

• suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    How I get myself up on a daily basis:

•Sigh a few times
    •Pretend to stand up once or twice
    •Sigh again
    •Get up, and go.

The hardest part is getting up. Once you're there, you gotta do something with it right!? Haha :D
  • notwithoutsalt
    notwithoutsalt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I think your body is tired... 1200 calories is very low. What's your BMR? try this site, it will estimate the # of calories your body needs if you spend the day with no exercise. http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr.
    I was a runner too, struggeled to perform and to lose weight when I was at 1200 cal. Then I stopped couting calories all together but ate healthy food ( i was in 1500 cal). my running performance went up and lost weight. Try it
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Motivation comes and goes. It's habit that keeps you going. I run no matter the weather because that's what I do I make no excuses and just do it. Some days are bad some are good. The only person who can get you out of the door is yourself if you're going to run early morning set your running gear up the night before. You just have to keep pushing yourself and eventually it's something you do. Good luck
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I get up and do it no matter how much my mind is telling me to skip it.

Building habits around healthy eating and exercise is more effective than motivation. Motivation fades. Habits keep you moving.

When you're ready, you will do it.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    IMHO 1200 calories is too low for 1/2 marathon training. I have run 2 1/2s and 1 full. You need to up your calories.
    (I find training for anything over 10k makes it hard to drop pounds)