Do you wash your hair after every workout?

Options

Replies

• SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Wash my hair everyday. I have wavy hair and I color it as well. I just make sure to deep condition and use keratin serum.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I just read in one of my fitness magazines, NOT to use Shampoo and just rinse your hair with water. It keeps the oils in your hair. I'm like, yuck.. Lol. :sick:
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Oh heck yeah
    My workout is over 90 minutes, and there is no way that it’s styled as usual afterwards:noway:

Wash and condition after every single workout is a must. I don’t even use salt on my food; I’m definitely not walking around with it in my curls.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Nope. I just buff my skull dry.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I just read in one of my fitness magazines, NOT to use Shampoo and just rinse your hair with water. It keeps the oils in your hair. I'm like, yuck.. Lol. :sick:

It's actually true!!! Shampoo strips your hair of it's natural oils, which is why when you shampoo every day and then you go a day without washing your hair gets really greasy - because your scalp is in overdrive trying to rebuild all the natural oils that the shampoo just stripped from it. That's one reason why I don't use shampoo anymore - baking soda wash and a vinegar rinse has made my hair incredibly less greasy and I can get away with washing it every 3 days before it gets the greasy feel. Plus it's cheaper, greener and doesn't have chemicals I can't pronounce in it.
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I used to wash my long hair everyday after workouts. But my hair is so dry to begin with so I stopped washing it after yoga and used dry shampoo. Now I have found myself washing it every other day and using dry shampoo in between and pulling it up if necessary. Not a huge deal now since I have such dry hair but I do wash it after really intense workouts where my whole head is basically soaked.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    No, I put mine in a very snug ponytail.
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I shower, but wash my hair every other day. I use dry shampoo.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Ok now it really gets creepy. This morning I asked myself the exact same thing and I wanted to post it tonight.
    I also have very curly hair and it's also pretty long. I used to wash it 2 times per week, so it won't dry out. Also it takes usually 2 hours until my hair is washed, styled and dry again.

Same here. My hair is down to the middle of my back and washing it everyday would take up soooo much time.
    I sweat like a pig when I do cardio. I just put my hair up as high as possible so the only part that's sweaty is the roots. After my workout, I'll hit my roots with the cool setting of my blow dryer to dry em up and use a little dry shampoo if it needs it. I usually wash it twice a week- my hair isn't overly oily, it's pretty dry actually.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I usually work out before my shower, I wash my hair once a day. It's a rare weekend when I skip a washing. If I don't, my scalp feels tingly and I feel disgusting.

This exactly
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Yes because I'm a sweat-er when I work out. But then, I wash it every day regardless, pretty much. I use a sulfate-free shampoo, products to protect against heat styling, boar-bristle brush and a satin pillowcase. My hair has actually never been in better condition (I colour it too)!
  • kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Ok now it really gets creepy. This morning I asked myself the exact same thing and I wanted to post it tonight.
    I also have very curly hair and it's also pretty long. I used to wash it 2 times per week, so it won't dry out. Also it takes usually 2 hours until my hair is washed, styled and dry again.

Ladies, I don't work for this company, but it is like MAGIC.
    Theres a no suds cleanser called Purely Perfect that is the best thing to ever happen to my wavy/curly/long/regularly dyed hair. I wash with the cleanser 2-3 times a week then use their leave in conditioner. I air dry and my hair looks better than it ever did before.
    On the days I feel especially gnarly after the gym I just get in the shower and wash up and just let my hair get wet, no washing. Then a little of the leave in when I get out. It is never tangled anymore, which is a miracle.

Sometimes after the gym I don't shower at all, I just wet and blow out my bangs. The sweat on the rest of my head can just remain lol. Which is a little gross, DEAL WITH IT.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I use dry shampoo too, My hair is way too long, and getting home at 10pm to wash my hair every night is a no no!!!

Way too tired!

Wash it every other day
  • Chrisabella7
    Options
    I use the Suave dry shampoo and it works really well.
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I only wash mine every 2 or 3 days but I do workout every day.

I use Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo. It's around $2 and smells amaaaaze.. It's in a silver can with yellow lid and writing, DO NOT get the gold can they sell that says Keratin, it stinks and doesn't work well.

The dry shampoo is awesome at soaking up oil and sweat, just be careful not to apply too much or you'll look like you're wearing a powdered wig :)

ETA: Tresemme makes a dry shampoo foam specifically for curly hair, might give that a try too.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I'm trying baking soda instead of shampoo right now and rinse with cider vinegar. It is working well so far (a week in) . this is what I am trying http://www.wikihow.com/Wash-Your-Hair-Without-Shampoo after someone on punkdomestics commented on it.
  • itsmandible
    itsmandible Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I don't wash it after a sweaty workout. I have wavy to curly hair (depends on if I'm having a good hair day or not how tight the curls are!), I usually rub my hands through it to try to spread/shake some of the moisture out and then I had in mousse/gel like I would if it were wet and throw it up for the rest of the night and by morning it's dry! I used to use dry shampoo, and that worked well, but the brand I was using was making my hair greasy and it built after using it more than one day in a row, so I stopped using that and do the method I do now!
  • k8briseno
    k8briseno Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do not! I have learned that the less you wash your hair the less you need to wash it. I hate washing my hair so the less I wash it the happier I am. It's not so much the washing as the blowing dry. I hate it! Your hair will actually learn to produce less oil after time but to begin with dry shampoo is the way to go. I think most brands are fine, I use Tresemme. The trick is how you use it. Spray it on at the roots and then let it sit for about 5 minutes. Next rub it in like you are shampooing your hair until the white powderiness goes away and then style as usual. I try to go a few days between washing and always need to use dry shampoo on the last day. You could always just rinse your hair and use conditioner on just the ends to get rid of tangles. I have to use conditioner on my hair or I cannot brush it after it is wet. It's very fine.
  • momtastic2014
    Options
    I condition every other day and shampoo twice a week. I have thick wavy/curly hair.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!!!! Sometimes twice a day. If I worked out 3 times a day, I'd do it again.