Heart Rate Monitors..

Options
I'm looking for a starter heart rate monitor, possibly a watch and strap or a strap and iPhone, any recomendations? I have a budget of around £100. Thanks!

Replies

• Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I purchased a Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor Watch from Amazon almost 2 years ago. It's listed as $75.99 right now. It's a watch with a chest strap. I really like it. No issues, unless you want to get picky. I had a hard time replacing the battery in the watch for the first time. That's it. I also have a BodyMedia Link that I used to wear. I like the Polar better. I don't have to wear it ALL day. It's waterproof, and gives a calorie burn for a specific exercise (when you're wearing it) instead of an all day calorie burn. The Polar also stores your burns...not sure how many, but you can go back and check. I set mine to show my HR as I'm working out.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I second the FT7 if you poke around you can get it a bit cheaper.
  • dabucks
    dabucks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar H7 and I use that with the Polar Beat app on my iphone to track mostly my insanity workouts. It does an awesome job - and for me the graphs, and further detail on the polar website is pretty cool. I've had no issues with it and highly recommend.

I picked it up for about $50-60 off amazon.
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar Ft4 that I got for around $60 on Amazon and love it. :)
  • martz29
    martz29 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in the uk and got the polar ft7 from amazon for about £60 last year. One of my best purchases and so easy to use x
  • cherryblossomrose
    Options
    I bought the Polar FT4 last week. (FT7 is the male equivalent, I believe). I would highly recommend it. Easy to set up and use. Feel really confident in the information it is giving me. Has really improved my attitude to fitness. FT4 was around £70 from Argos. Go for it! Good luck!
  • martz29
    martz29 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ft4 is just the model down from ft7. I have a ladies ft7. Tbh there's not a lot of difference between models though.
  • ianholmes1964
    ianholmes1964 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I've got an ft7 and flow link coming tomorrow from amazon, I'll let you know how I get on with it.