How to log the binge..

Options
So yesterday (monday) I had a BIG binge!! i didn't even know how much I ate.. I may overesteimated or even underestimated.. I ate 5k cals.. 3k over maintenance.. MY QUESTION IS!!! PLZ ANSWEER!!! Can I log yesterday's binge on sunday ? if that binge would happen on sunday my weekly average would be more than totally fine.. but that binge was on a monday.. freakin monday :(

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So yesterday (monday) I had a BIG binge!! i didn't even know how much I ate.. I may overesteimated or even underestimated.. I ate 5k cals.. 3k over maintenance.. MY QUESTION IS!!! PLZ ANSWEER!!! Can I log yesterday's binge on sunday ? if that binge would happen on sunday my weekly average would be more than totally fine.. but that binge was on a monday.. freakin monday :(

there is something VERY wrong with your eating habits if you were 3000 cals under your goal last week...

ever though that if you werent starving yourself you wouldnt binge!?
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't work like that. Logging it on a previous day might make you feel better mentally, but your body doesn't care what day it's logged.

Try reducing your calorie deficit and eating what you like every day.
  • ohlookabear
    Options

there is something VERY wrong with your eating habits if you were 3000 cals under your goal last week...

ever though that if you werent starving yourself you wouldnt binge!?

godness I ate between 2000 and 2300 cals last week everyday.. I just burn a lot.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    So you had a binge and now want to lie to yourself about it. Hmmm I think you need to take a step back and look at what you're doing and why you're doing it.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Log it on Sunday? Are you a time traveler? Log it that day, move on, do better the next day.
  • deadyankee
    Options
    Log it ten years in the future, then you have a chance to even it out over time
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    So presumably you were under your average last week but you'll go over it this week... wouldn't the two weeks just average out if you don't binge the rest of this week?

Dust it off and move on!
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say the same thing here that I did in your other thread about going on a binge. You're a young and from what you said in the other thread very active guy, and I don't think on your "good" days you're giving yourself enough calories. A pattern of really restricting yourself and then binging is a very disordered eating and could be dangerous to your long-term health. I just checked your post history, and in another thread you talk about not eating exercise calories back and some days only netting a few hundred calories because of how much you exercise. Please, please, please talk with a doctor and/or a registered dietitian to help make sure you're giving your body the fuel it needs to help you be healthy.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    You can't trick the system! It doesn't matter where and when you log them, you ate them. It's a new day. Forgive yourself and move on.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Maybe ask yourself why you are binging???

How many calories are you consuming daily? Are you restricting certain food groups? Exercising way too much and not eating enough etc?

Don't lose sleep over it - Its done, Just move on!!
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'd say log it in the previous week. Mentally, it can be kind of discouraging to see your stats all messed up from a binge. This way you can start the week with a clean slate and not feel guilty about not logging the bingefest. Make sure you're eating enough, and try to recognize the signs of when you're in the middle of a binge next time so you can do some damage control.
  • ohlookabear
    Options
    Thank you guys for answering :) I will just log it today and maintain this week.. tho the discouraging fact is that I will have to limit calories JUST to maintain :( Have an awesome week everyone! :D
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    No, you log it in the day you binged. Why? It's honest and it doesn't change a thing. You did it, it's done, move on.

3-5K over maintenance is an awful lot. Have you thought about your motivation behind eating that much food?
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for answering :) I will just log it today and maintain this week.. tho the discouraging fact is that I will have to limit calories JUST to maintain :( Have an awesome week everyone! :D

So you plan to starve yourself again? Tell me how that's a good idea that won't lead to another binge?

Look, just move on, hit your calorie goal, and eat back 50% or so of your exercise calories. just because you go over your calories one day doesn't mean you have to punish yourself by restricting your intake the rest of the week, that's the makings of a serious problem. Just eat normally from here on out, and hit your calorie goal.

Rigger
  • justinproulx1
    Options
    3000 cals over???!!!! Damn where di you go Golden Corral? lol
  • Wisekash
    Options
    You can go back and log it if you remeber all that you ate. I've done it
  • ohlookabear
    Options

So you plan to starve yourself again? Tell me how that's a good idea that won't lead to another binge?

Look, just move on, hit your calorie goal, and eat back 50% or so of your exercise calories. just because you go over your calories one day doesn't mean you have to punish yourself by restricting your intake the rest of the week, that's the makings of a serious problem. Just eat normally from here on out, and hit your calorie goal.

Rigger

I didn't even starved myself at first.. crap.. I ate 2100-2300 calories a day and you're saying I was starving ? I do burn alot through marathon training tho..
  • lilymae71
    lilymae71 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like this answer!

I can guarantee for every deep-under-eat, there's a big over-eat waiting in the curtains. Be kind to yourself and move on.
  • fittoday14
    Options
    It's simple: Don't log anything for Monday and move on. Today's another day to get back on track! :)
  • KPMP1992
    Options
    I overdid it last night and erased the day from my phone, lol Today is a brand new day. :)