Will I get loose skin after weight loss?

Options
I'm only 18, 5'7, 181 lbs and my goal weight is 130 lbs. I'm on a calorie controlled diet, normal healthy eating, all that stuff. I'm just really scared to get loose skin because I can't afford the money to get surgery if it happens. Will I get loose skin, even if I do workouts such as zumba, 30 day shred etc. ?

Replies

• Lettee4
    Lettee4 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i have loose skin, it sucks...i wont be getting it fixed, i cant afford it either :(
    i think its just becomes more likely the more weight you loose, the older you are, if you've been overweight for a long time and if you dont do any exercise while losing.
    i did the 30 day shred and i really think it helped, i think drinking lots of water and moisturizing and massaging your skin help a bit too.
    from the amount of weight you want to lose i dont rekken you'll get loose skin :)
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    If you're 18, you haven't got a problem. Your skin will snap back pretty quickly.

At 42 years old, and having lost over 50 pounds myself, I've got barely any loose skin to speak of.
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    It depends mostly on genetics and how quickly you lose it. Slow is best.

You can also add a lifting program to your exercise routine. Even your own body weight is better than nothing at all. There are lots of body weight exercises online.