DIY Slimming Wraps??

Has anyone tried their own at DIY Slimming Wraps?

I have found quite a few different "recipes" and infact have done it twice with some success. I just didn't keep going with it after the first/second wrap.

I cannot pay the amount of money It Works wants for their wraps, hence the reason I started researching what was truly in them to make a change in your fat.

Please do not reply to this with "workout, eat clean, it'll have better affects, blah blah blah" because I know!!

I am a mom of three that works out religiously, lost 50lbs (gained 5lbs back in muscle) and have done just about everything to tighten up that loose stomach skin from pregnancies.... I know how to "tighten & tone"... just looking to see if this may help with the skin that working out hasn't yet finished off.

Thoughts?

Thank you in advance :)

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Waste of time.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Anything you put on your skin wiill affect only the top few millimeters. Anything that goes under those first few millimeters to affect the underlying structure is called surgery.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    When anyone mentions wraps I expect people to be wrapped in a very large Tortilla.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    You can't really ask what our thoughts are if you put a disclaimer that you don't want to hear our thoughts...

If a product's name is 'it WORKS' .. it probably doesn't.

Time and genetics will tell if you will tighten your skin. Moisturize, drink water, wait. That's about it.

I've lost 60lbs and my belly looks like bread dough.. kind of like it's melting. I'm not worried yet. In a few years, if I still look like this, then MAYBE I'd consider surgery.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    you need to drop body fat, which is done with a combination of resistance training and cardio conditioning. barbell strength training is one of the prefered methods of resistance training, and interval running is a great way to get conditioning.

i wish my friend leah was still here, because last june i ran a spartan race with her, and she definitely had the tummy that you're talking about, that was flabby, and had extra skin from pregnancy, c-section, and just being really over-weight. but i saw a picture of her recently that had her abs starting to poke through. and she didn't use any kind of wraps.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,674 Member
    I don't like all wraps, (not into the heat wraps or the tight compression wraps). I do like the herbal body wraps. They contain beneficial herbal extracts and help you get rid of excess water, cleanse the tissues, encourage circulation and metabolism to areas that may be lacking that. I've done one at home, makes my skin feel and look amazing. I found the product here, it's super concentrated, lasts for MANY wraps. I just use the liquid and plastic wrap and relax for an hour. http://setnmefree.com/store/index.php?route=product/search&search=solution gel
    Every fall they have a 50% off everything sale, you can time your purchase of their products then (that's what I do, I'm on their email contact list).
  • msfitmom_3
    msfitmom_3 Posts: 45 Member
    My routine is currently lifting, circuit or HIIT and a little cardio inbetween (mostly Zumba if I feel up to it)... so it's definitely making changes. Thank you for your input... it's nice to hear that other moms like me have persevered and are now getting results.
  • msfitmom_3
    msfitmom_3 Posts: 45 Member
    Thank you! Yes, I do believe in the herbal ones as well. They really help get those extra toxins from the body. I currently use apple cider vinegar and vitamin e oil (to help with my scarring and healing of my stomach)... and it works great. I will look into this link as well. Thank you :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    preparation h + saran wrap
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Properly fitted wetsuit - wear for duration of a nice long dive @ 45-60 feet.

Afterwards, your clothes will be hanging off you, even if you eat an entire bread bowl of chowder (bowl too) and some roasted garlic.

Cheap, too.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    They don't change your fat. They remove water. Preparation H, Icy Hot and Saran wrap is what they are. Look at the ingredients.

There are no toxins in your body. Your body removes anything that may be harmful naturally with zero help (other than water).
  • ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    Wraps dehydrate your skin. The second you jump back in the shower/drink enough water - you'll plump right back up. Good old fashion diet and exercise is the cure.
    Not wrapping yourself in plastic.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    The loose skin from pregnancy is probably still mostly fat. The only thing that will help tighten skin is time or surgery. I was fat when I was pregnant and I thought I had a lot of loose skin. There wasn't much "loose skin" left when I got down to competition body fat (I'm a competitive bodybuilder).

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    YsEvEu3.gif
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Thank you! Yes, I do believe in the herbal ones as well. They really help get those extra toxins from the body. I currently use apple cider vinegar and vitamin e oil (to help with my scarring and healing of my stomach)... and it works great. I will look into this link as well. Thank you :)

Can you define these toxins? Name one? JUST one?
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    I want a tortilla now
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    preparation h + saran wrap

This and ONLY for an occasion type thing, say for a special occasion that you want to fit into a slimming dress for, like a HS reunion, wedding or something like that. Other than that, they do nothing long term for the body.

PS: Dont buy a super tight dress and drink a bunch of water.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member

hence the reason I started researching what was truly in them to make a change in your fat.

While researching the wraps, what did you uncover that will make a change in your fat? Just curious.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    All this will do is make you lose water and electrolytes through sweating. In other words, it dehydrates you. Literally nothing else. Drink a couple of bottles of Gatorade and you go right back to normal.
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    I think they are great....if you want an effect to last about 24-36 hrs.
    So, big date, wedding/honeymoon, photo shoot/on stage in next to nothing (Several of my friends do modeling/burlesque/gogo dancing/etc and use them), etc. They rock for that.
    Day to day use...not worth the effort.