Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Meal Ideas to help in losing weight?

So I've been adopting SOME things from eating Paleo (also known as the Cave Man diet), but I'm not 100% strict with Paleo. But I need some healthier dinner and lunch ideas for me to eat that are fairly easy to make, and I won't feel guilty about eating.

Any easy and quick meal ideas would be great! :)

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    mix a tbsp melted butter with tbsp lime juice, brush on tilapia and cook on medium heat for a few mins each side until browned around the edged. I like to dice avacado and mango and put it on top

sprinkle tilapia with some taco seasoning and bake

pork loin in a crock pot with water, apple cider vinegar and onions (sorry I just dump it in but about 1 to 1 ration of water and vinegar) and cook on low all day, throw kale in there about 30 mins before you want to eat it

chicken with salsa and some water in the crock pot on low, tastes like fajita chicken so you can put it in a tortilla or a salad since I guess you don't eat tortillas?

cut a handfull of brussell sprouts in half and put about 1/4 cup of water in a pot w/ 2-3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar and let them simmer

nakkino seasoned rice vinegar is really good on kale and cooked spinach

mix a little butter and balsamic vinegar and cook asparagus in it, its amazing
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    also chicken breast, chicken broth or water, rosmary, thyme, lemon juice, onion, and garlic powder cooked on low in the crock pot is a really good herby chicken
  • Whiskeytub
    Whiskeytub Posts: 96 Member
    Stews are great - you can load a ton of vegetables in there and the extended cooking time makes it all taste like delicious wonderful meat. I have been adapting recipes from the Joy of Cooking and the portions usually end up being around 250 calories.

Balsamic reduction (very easy to make ) just add 2tbs brown sugar to a cup of balsamic vinegar and cook it down on low until it has the consistency you want . I also add garlic, rosemary, and blackberries and it makes everything I use it on taste a little fancier, which makes me feel less like I'm dieting and more like I'm treating myself. This is especially good on pork chops over fresh spinach with sauteed apples and onions, and chevre. I doubt it's especially paleo but it is especially good-tasting.

Chevre has much fewer calories than regular cow cheese and you still get to eat cheese.

Tuna salad is quite low in calories,

I've been adding eggs to a lot of my meals - they are a great shot of protien and filling for their caloires.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Fast healthy meal ideas

Stir fry - probably the fastest meal there is. Chop some veggies (or buy bags of pre-cleaned and chopped) and some type of protien (meat, shrimp, tofu, etc.) and toss in a piping hot pan with a little oil. it will be done in about 10 min.

Roasted veggies and baked fish. You can take thin white fish such as orange roughy, tilapia, etc. straight from the freezer to oven. Toss some vegetables of your choice (carrots, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, onions, ...really any non-leafy vegetable is good roasted) in evoo and spices then bake in a hot oven till browned. About halfway through, add the fish (frozen with dried herbs or spices) in a separate pan. Takes about 30 min to cook, but very little work involved.

Soups, stew and chili are easy one pot meals that can provide several meals.

Put a roast in the crock pot in the morning with some garlic and onions and spices and it will be ready by dinner time. Serve with a salad.

Grilled or pan seared meat or fish is super quick and easy. Serve with a salad or leafy greens sauteed in olive oil and garlic. Whole meal will be done in about 15-20 min.

For lunch there is nothing easier than leftovers. Just prepare a little extra at dinner.