Standing burns calories!

Options
Ok, so I'm on my laptop in the kitchen, and I decided to stand and play with it instead of sitting down and watching television. Then I was recalling how I heard that standing burns calories. I did some research and found that just standing alone for ten minutes burns 32 calories.

I've been standing rocking back and forth on my feet for about an hour and a half now.... looks like I've burnt 288 calories... didn't feel like anything to me :)

Anyone else heard this??

Here's the website link:http://www.coolnurse.com/calories_burned.htm

And technically, its not physical activity, BUT you can still count it on this site because BMR is if you laid in bed all day, not moving...

This excites the crap out of me!!
:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Replies

• missktuga
    missktuga Posts: 21
    Options
    Ok, so I'm on my laptop in the kitchen, and I decided to stand and play with it instead of sitting down and watching television. Then I was recalling how I heard that standing burns calories. I did some research and found that just standing alone for ten minutes burns 32 calories.

I've been standing rocking back and forth on my feet for about an hour and a half now.... looks like I've burnt 288 calories... didn't feel like anything to me :)

Anyone else heard this??

And technically, its not physical activity, BUT you can still count it on this site because BMR is if you laid in bed all day, not moving...

• missktuga
    missktuga Posts: 21
    Options
    sorry the 32 is for someone in the 200lb range, the website has the calories/lb range to check and see what your own is.... for me its 32/10 mins.
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yeppers, every little thing thing, standing waving back and forth, moving your arms around, even just tapping your foot burns cals. It all adds up.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    yup, every little thing you do consumes energy. But I wouldn't count that into my caloric intake; its just part of your life. :wink:

Sleeping burns calories too :wink:
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options

Anyone else heard this??

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: What a concept....who'da thunk ??? Pretty cool stuff huh ! :wink:
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options

Anyone else heard this??

this i find interesting being today i went and stood for 2 hours and walking a little bit with my son to his family fun night carnival at his school... cool atleast it did something for me othert than making him happy and spending time with him...
    nice finding:drinker:
  • Xtracrispy69
    Options
    Like stated above I wouldn't count it in the exercise...most of us are on our feet all day at work. To stay safe for calories, count the ones your burn by real exercise...the results will come through much better without questions