Plank ! Nightmare ..

Options
2»

Replies

• Mustgetbuff
    Mustgetbuff Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    There are some great tips on here, especially about progressing from the wall, to a chair, to the floor, etc. When I first started planks, I could barely hold it for twenty seconds. I'm up to a minute and a half now, and I also do side planks, two point planks, plank rows, and plank twists. It took a year to get to this point but all it takes is practice! You can do it!
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    you can try knuckle pushups or planks..put your hand into a tight fist with thumb outside of fingers and use the first two knuckles to hold the weight..I do this alot as it lines up the bones and muscles in my hand to arm to shoulders better,and keeps my wrists from getting tweeky.
  • cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    Don't worry! You'll get better at it as you go. Just keep at it and don't give up! You'll be surprised when a few weeks from now you look back and see how much stronger you are. Try it with your elbows down and also on your knees at the same time. That's how I started out. I'm not awesome at a full plank, but I'm getting there. And I can't do a push up yet either, but I'm getting stronger everyday as will you. :)