Do you stress eat?

Options
Some of the people I know go on extreme food binges when something stressful is happening. Do you do the same? If so, what are your security measures so you don't go overboard? When I am stressed, I LOSE my appetite (which really blows). I have to force feed myself.

Replies

• Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I don't think I ever go on binges, but I do know that I feel "hungry" when I'm stressed or bored. I try my darndest to drink more water, but it doesn't seem to help very often.
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I don't stress eat.. when the stress is real i tend to not eat

I actually tend to eat more when im in a really great mood or exciting things are happening? so i just try to stay as stressed out and depressed as possble so i eat little
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Yes, I stress eat big time. When I'm stressed, I crave things like chips and pizza and I feel really hungry. I won't eat around other people when I'm stressed though, and I'll go without food if I'm in company, which could be why I get so hungry!

When I'm in ok form or when I'm happy, I don't care about food. Not to say I don't enjoy it, but I don't crave it and will usually only eat til I'm satisfied.
  • SuzyH
    SuzyH Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am a stress eater. Anybody have any ideas as to how to get food out of my mind when I'm in a bad mood or a bit depressed?
  • MizMiami305
    MizMiami305 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I usually over eat when im happy so i try to stay mad .. :D
  • WoodChuckNorris
    Options
    I usually over eat when im happy so i try to stay mad .. :D

Something tells me that is very easy for you :P
  • phillrn
    phillrn Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    ALL THE TIME:):):) I try to keep helathier snacks around/alernatives to chocolate and cake....cause if it isnt nailed down it is not safe!
  • Jaxsonjess
    Jaxsonjess Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I eat when I am Happy and Sad so I never win LOL
  • other678
    other678 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh, that's me.

I might have some emotional problem, and used to release my anger or sadness on food. Sometime I just got so angry and I began to cry and I just couldn't help but stuck food into my mouth.

Now I know that's really unhealthy and actually help little. But I used to do that all the time and couldn't stop feeling guilty after that, and then I binged again for the sadness of the last binging.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I feel like doing it today. I'm not a stress eater usually but I feel like going to a sit down restaurant and inhaling a big plate of comfort food lately. :sad:

Exercise helps me stay disciplined. When you work hard you want it to pay off.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    When I am stressed, I LOSE my appetite (which really blows). I have to force feed myself.

+1
  • JefferyArnold
    JefferyArnold Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    When stress hits... I hit the fridge, and the cupboards, and the pantry, and the cold cellar, and the local Wal-Mart...

I eat like it's my last meal... EVER!!!

I'm a terrible binge eater. Good thing my life has been full of stress the past year or so!!!!
  • sdbeachbum
    sdbeachbum Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Some of the people I know go on extreme food binges when something stressful is happening. Do you do the same? If so, what are your security measures so you don't go overboard? When I am stressed, I LOSE my appetite (which really blows). I have to force feed myself.

I also have to force feed and typically can't manage to do so. I've lost serious amounts of weight due to stress. I got dangerously low by my actual wedding date
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    I sad eat
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    not a stress eater, I'm more of a happy celebratory eater. when i'm stressed eating is the last thing on my mind probably because i'm too busy figuring out how to improve the situation or make it better.

fortunately for me (but unfortunately for my waist line) my tendency to problem solve and take steps to get rid of the stress points rather than problem wallow and sit helpless in front of a stress point means that i've lived a relatively stress free life.
  • MissChyna
    MissChyna Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes and I hate it :(
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Depends.
    I do not eat when the stress is about family or my significant other. When it is work related or money I stress eat. However the stress eating for money and work are new I never use to stress either. This is the first year I have ever just ate beyond the point of being full because something was bothering me.

Working out or focusing on positive things seem to help.
  • JessieGurlJb
    Options
    I sad eat
    Me too stress eat sad eat anxiety eat.. It's a problem. So annoying
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    No, I never feel stomach hunger, instead I listen to body cues telling me to eat. Emotions can't make my body feel like it needs fuel, either positive or negative emotions. That being said, when I'm stressed, I tend to shut down and not eat very much - I just don't need the stress of force feeding added to emotional stress.
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    YESSSSSSS. I'm a huge stress eater. My security measures? Um, I don't have any. :/
    I try to ignore what's stressing with food, but in the end that always makes me feel worse. This is a major problem with me. I guess my security measure would be facing what's causing that stress and fix it, but in the heat of the moment eating just seems so much easier. :/