When is the best time to exercise?

Options
I usually exercise after lunch (12pm) for an hour or so but I'm not sure if that's right.. or doesn't it really matter? :-)

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    The best time to exercise is the time that works best for you, that you are able to fit it in.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    The best time to exercise is the time that works best for you, that you are able to fit it in.

Yup, this^^^

Personally I exercise when I have time, usually that means I'm doing the 20 minute drive to the gym after the kids are in bed. I actually like working out about an hour after dinner though, I feel like I have more power in my lifts, and adequate energy for cardio after that.

But again, whenever you can fit it in is best.

Rigger
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I always preferred eating dinner at 6:00, digesting and letting settle and working out at 7:00pm. This worked for me for SO long.
    Then, I started University, on top of a full-time job and raising 2 children with disabilities and I found it just wasn't working for me anymore. By the time I got finished work, dinner, kids and school for the night, it could be anywhere between 9 and 10 at night. Sometimes I found myself working out at MIDNIGHT. I ended up saying that I just couldn't hack it all and my workouts went by the wayside.

I recently discovered that hell, even though i'm not a morning person, I CAN get up lol. I've started getting up at 5:45 am and working out at 6:00 am before waking my kids at 7:00 or slightly thereafter. THIS is what works for me now. So it can really be ever changing. Find what works for you, and what fits your schedule :)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

^^This exactly!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    4am.