Finally Had a word or two with oneself and got serious

Options
Ive been here for a while now and stopped and started as many times as a double decker bus. I am here to stay this time. Routine Routine.. I am determined... bar the holidays/abscence of baysitters.. If i cant get into the gym creche.. I am going to try though.

I really would like some MFP friends to keep me on the straight and narrow this time, you were all so supportive on my last post xxx

Replies

• george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    hi feel free to add me
  • mile311z
    mile311z Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to help you along!! Lord knows I need the motivation also?!
  • saricole
    Options
    I understand because I just had the talk with myself as well. Add me and we will help motivate each other.
  • jjking54
    jjking54 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Feel free ... looking for friends too
  • Aimee71B
    Aimee71B Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Being here is the 1st step. Welcome!
  • jayce54321
    jayce54321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It's good that you finally convinced yourself to get going. You may have to do it several more times to be sucessful. Set realistic goals forself, and don't beat yourself up if you don;t sucede at them. We have all had failures. Log every day , it really helps.. Friend me if you wish. Good luck!
  • TapouTFTW
    Options
    You build muscle in the gym but lose fat in the kitchen. I did not know this until the last year or so. I had the attitude I can work my way into shape and lose the fat... does not really work that way. If you don't ever address what you put into your body, you will never get out of your body what you really want.

For the first month of the "new you", forget the gym. Forget it! Focus on your diet. You need to arm yourself with the tools to succeed. Work on meal planning. Work on what you will do when you go out to eat. Learn about supplements. Look into what exercise programs you want to get into. Maybe the home DVD market is your style (P90, Insanity, TapouT, Zumba), maybe you feel more comfortable in the gym or on the open road. If you want to add some exercise to the routine, go for a walk/jog for 30 minutes or so at least every other day. If you feel froggy, try out something like C25K. While going from 0 to 90 is great, is can also lead to burnout. Over the course of a year, the extra time you take arming yourself now will more than make up for the slow start. It will also help you avoid making painful mistakes that breed discouragement.

If you want some solid tips on getting started right, visit my Blog and read "Getting into Gear"
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TapouTFTW