how did YOU prove people wrong?

Options
first of all, I dislike people that think they know everything about everything and they really don't know jack crap.
Sooo, how did you prove that to whoever?
For me, it was when my SIL told me that the reason I wasn't losing weight was because I ate so late at night. I hated that comment because I knew she was wrong , besides, after coming home at 6 pm and taking care of a little one, I couldn't help but eat late after I cooked. I did it though so I just let it go through one ear and out the other.
So tell me, what other myths have you guys busted?

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I've busted the myth that being fat is genetic in my family. The myth that in our family we can't lose weight and keep it off. That we can't lower our cholesterol or blood pressure or blood sugar.

They can keep their gimmicks and fad diets. If not eating after 4 pm works for them to maintain weight, then awesome, good for them!
  • Notthatapple
    Notthatapple Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten any "diet" food in the last 35 days and have still managed to lose weight! Whole foods for this girl and they taste amazing!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    My mom said that after I had the baby, my hips would never be the same, and I'd never fit into those skinny jeans again.

Well, thanks for the motivation, because I did it! (See profile pic.)
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    That I have to work out to lose weight. God that bothered me! I haven't worked out once since starting my journey, 14 pounds down in 6 weeks speaks for itself! Clean eating at a deficit is all I need!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I just don't have that many negative people in my life, I guess. I've never had anyone tell me I couldn't lose weight, or that I was doing it wrong. My family and my husband have been particularly supportive.
  • ezloshead
    ezloshead Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I used to say that counting calories was an unhealthy lifestyle but I realized that it just made me consider if what i was eating was worth it and I started making better choices and portion control. So I was the naysayer and I was proved wrong when I trusted a friend and decide to join everyone here.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I used to say that counting calories was an unhealthy lifestyle but I realized that it just made me consider if what i was eating was worth it and I started making better choices and portion control. So I was the naysayer and I was proved wrong when I trusted a friend and decide to join everyone here.

:drinker: