Cosplayer looking for fitness pals!

Options
13»

Replies

• Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I've never gone all out on a cosplay. Maybe this summer for my comic-con I'll get some friends and dress up. I just haven't found the perfect cosplay idea yet!! But Im a comic-con nut! Also I know it can be discouraging going out there and seeing stick thin girls dressed up, but so long as you're having fun and with people who love you then there is no reason you cant do it at any weight. Fans are fans regardless of size! :D
  • mondriantree
    mondriantree Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I went to a con last year as Harley Quinn! I would love to rock her costume again when I reach my goal weight.
  • AnxiousPenman
    AnxiousPenman Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Fellow cosplayer here ... who hasn't done it in awhile, but it's part of my motivation. My wife and I are doing family planning at the moment, and one of my goals is to get in better shape so we can be that "family of cosplayers" and make the kids horrible dorks right from the get-go.

My favorite costume that I've done in the past was a "Krypto the Superdog" costume that I wore to Otakon, Dragon*Con and SDCC. Unfortunately, all three of those events are in the summer, and Krypto was basically a fleece bodysuit with a hood and mittens. I am convinced though that I lost about 20lbs wearing that thing in Atlanta over Labor Day Weekend.

Anyway, anyone should feel free to add me. Always nice to get to know fellow geeks.

--
    AP
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Fellow cosplayer here ... who hasn't done it in awhile, but it's part of my motivation. My wife and I are doing family planning at the moment, and one of my goals is to get in better shape so we can be that "family of cosplayers" and make the kids horrible dorks right from the get-go.

My favorite costume that I've done in the past was a "Krypto the Superdog" costume that I wore to Otakon, Dragon*Con and SDCC. Unfortunately, all three of those events are in the summer, and Krypto was basically a fleece bodysuit with a hood and mittens. I am convinced though that I lost about 20lbs wearing that thing in Atlanta over Labor Day Weekend.

Anyway, anyone should feel free to add me. Always nice to get to know fellow geeks.

--
    AP

That's awesome (about trying to make the kids "horrible dorks" right from the get-go)... My hubby and I have a 2 year old and I've already got a list of anime I'm going to "let" (make) him watch! he won't get any spongebob squarepants or other horrible cartoons on tv these days.
    Kudos to you, good luck on the whole making babies movement :)
  • Miriai
    Miriai Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to get fit for cosplay! I am having a hard time staying motivated, so having friends who are also getting fit would be great too!
  • PearlSheep
    PearlSheep Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes, fellow cosplayers and kindred spirits! Cosplay is actually a part of my inspiration to be here, among many other things. This thread makes me super happy, and I hope people don't mind if I add them! :)
  • gkalmbach
    gkalmbach Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Impressed by how many cosplayers are on here.. pretty cool. I haven't done any since 2006 (I think that was my last DragonCon). I do SCA which is kinda cosplay-ish
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I love Coldplay!

Feel free to add me. I'll reply later after my eye exam.

Nobody laughed.

Except me.

Important to make oneself laugh, don't you think?

was skim reading, saw it quoted, re read it and laughed like a tit :laugh:

I also have my eye on some skimpy cosplay stuff!
  • theashtrees
    theashtrees Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Add me! Add me!

I work for cons in Australia.

I also make cosplay for photoshoots (exphotographer).
  • theashtrees
    theashtrees Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I love cosplay! My first con was SDCC '12, I went as Lilith from Borderlands (1, not 2). My second con will be the London Film & Comic Con in July, I'll be going as a steampunk Rogue AND I get a photo op with Stan Lee!! So, I need to lose some weight so I can look my best! Feel free to add me!

Photo with Stan Lee! Sqquueee!

I work in the photobooths for cons in Australia, I fangirl more that I professionally should!
  • squeepig
    squeepig Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just came back from Anaheim's WonderCon and now I'm even more determined to fit into a costume next year. :)
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm not a cosplayer, but I'm a huge geek and video gamer. I currently work for Ubisoft, and often work events like NYCC/SDCC/PAX.

Feel free to add me!

Totes jelly.

I'm not a cosplayer now but you guys can definitely add me!
  • GeorgiFett
    GeorgiFett Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bumping this :)

I love cosplay and conventions! I am doing a female Joker cosplay for MCM London in October. My first cosplay was a pink Mandalorian (Star Wars) feel free to add me :)
  • jinjo2art
    jinjo2art Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm a starting cosplayer in the Netherlands, even tho I am in the cosplay world for 5 years I haven't cosplayed much.
    All the training I'm doing is for Killer Bee from Naruto. I made my cosplay myself.
    If I finally have the shape I want to do B/Raikage (Naruto) and Zasalamel (Soul calibur)

Not sure how to add pictures here so..
    Search on jinjo2art to find me or just my name: Janinho

Looking forward to make more friends! ;D