Wii Fit vs The biggest Loser Cals Burnt

Options
I use the Wii Fit Plus and the Biggest Loser discs. I really find the Bigget Loser disc hard even the warm up gets my heart racing and I'm out of breath where as the Wii fit plus I can do a 2hr stint and I'm tired and sweaty but I can still Breath so my question is this...... For a session on on the WII Fit plus for 30 mins it says you have burnt 150 cals for a 30 mins session on the Biggest loser if came back with 70 cals but sure if I'm struggling I'll be burning more cals on the Biggest Loser I'm confused.

Replies

• Rivah67
    Rivah67 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i found the biggest loser was tight with calories burnt too. it puts you off using it as you do all the hard work and they give hardly anything back.
    that could be why mine just sits there and doesn't get used :blushing:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I'm betting they're all wrong all around. Wear a heart rate monitor if you want to know a more accurate number.
  • Rivah67
    Rivah67 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    just tried the biggest loser out did 15 min's (not a lot i know) game said 55 calories burnt my hrm watch said 62 calories burnt.
    think i'll trade mine in with a few other games and get the new just dance when it comes out lol more fun and more calories burnt lol
  • Cassandra1219
    Options
    I have the same issue..... but i can't wait till Just dance 2 comes out:)
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm betting they're all wrong all around. Wear a heart rate monitor if you want to know a more accurate number.

I would second this :flowerforyou:
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Does anybody else find the biggest loser a killer??? I want to know more about this just dance i dont own that one yet.... The wii and occassional walk is all the exercise i do and im finding great results..... Is it worth purchasing just dance as well???? Also any uk people wheres the best place to get a HRM from that doesnt cost the earth
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I was doing the same thing you are early on and found BL really difficult for beginners. Also found the calorie count to be stingy. I did wear my HRM while on the Wii Fit one day and the HRM count was HIGHER than the Wii. I think it is because the Wii is only counting your actual activity while the HRM is counting your time in between exercises.

L
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thanks for you input all!! I have just ordered Just Dance 2 from Amazon it is preordered price of 24.99 but if it goes down between now and then I get it at the cheaper rate so it better be good!!! haha Now to look for a heart rate monitor.... Oh I'm supposed to be working never mind haha
  • tishonamarie
    tishonamarie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Does anybody else find the biggest loser a killer??? I want to know more about this just dance i dont own that one yet.... The wii and occassional walk is all the exercise i do and im finding great results..... Is it worth purchasing just dance as well???? Also any uk people wheres the best place to get a HRM from that doesnt cost the earth

The biggest loser is so hard for me to do!!! I'm out of breath with warm ups as well....and find myself screaming at the television!! I've found that I am most motivated and excited about exercise when I'm dancing. I found a DVD of 10 minutes Dance mix workout, Hip-Hop Abs, and Zumba. I've been mixing these up on various days. It's so much fun!!! By the time I'm finished with 30 minutes of either of them I'm wet with sweat- like dripping off my face wet!!! It's an awesome workout and I just think I'm dancing :-)