valentines day

Options

Replies

• Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I think valentines day is stupid.

There. There.

What?? I love my husband but I'm baffled by the whole concept of valentines day.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I think we're gonna stay close to home and cook a meal together, exchange silly cards, and watch a movie...our favorite restaurants will be too packed and expensive on Friday. Then maybe a short day trip this weekend to have more fun!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

There. There.

What?? I love my husband but I'm baffled by the whole concept of valentines day.

The concept is fun and whimsical. That seems like a lost concept and it's sad.
  • Marcia315
    Options

There. There.

We have plenty of fun. It's just not relegated to 2/14.
    I don't want flowers, they die.
    I want a pound of chocolate, but I don't need it.
    I have enough jewelry.
    I don't want cutesy crap.
    I don't want to go out to dinner on a night when there is a limited menu and higher prices just because Hallmark said I should.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

There. There.

I have enough jewelry.
    I don't want to go out to dinner on a night when there is a limited menu and higher prices just because Hallmark said I should.

Yeah ok.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif
  • its_just_Jess
    Options
    I'm making my man some Dirt Cake, and we're having some Chinese maybe, heh. :flowerforyou:
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options

There. There.

I have enough jewelry.

what

I doubt any women will agree with u ... Unless they hate life
  • annael25
    annael25 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    We are going out tomorrow night instead of Friday. Who says we have to celebrate on 2/14? We'll go out for a nice dinner and then probably back here to watch a movie or something. I'm thinking about making him a silly card, but we'll see.
  • lunapetu0311
    Options
    Taking my two boys to their elementary school Valentine's Day dance :) It's so cute!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I will be doing the last of the packing helping my oldest move on Saturday :sad:
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

This. We do exchange cards. But I won't be told that I should make a particularly special effort on any given day - the best expression of your true love for someone is done just because you can at any point in time. And anyway, I object to paying the overinflated prices in restaurants!
  • Marcia315
    Options

There. There.

I have enough jewelry.

what

I doubt any women will agree with u ... Unless they hate life

I guess a lot of my friends hate life...............
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    My son and I go to this cheap Pho place every Friday. A little-hole-in-the-wall kinda place but delish. No need to change our plans.

My son will always be my #1 Sweetie anyway :love:
  • sheens0011
    sheens0011 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Spending time with my man! :) Decided to do a raclette which I love, but keep it healthy :) lots of seafood and veggies and well yeah probably some wine! ;)
  • bella24xo
    bella24xo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    me and my boy met at this local sports bar and he suggested we go out to dinner and back to the bar for some drinks..i think its kinda a cute idea :)
  • rfw24
    rfw24 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Since I am single, (and it would not matter if I wasn't) I am spending it with my daughter. I already told her that she gets to choose where ever she wants to eat. Then we are going to see what ever movie she wants to see. She is and will always be my #1 girl!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I should have put in an order to get the Karma Sutra but will have to do without.
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm making my man some Dirt Cake, and we're having some Chinese maybe, heh. :flowerforyou:

You madam, are what my Dad would refer to as a keeper. I happen to freaking love Dirt Cake.

My wife and I are going to have some friends over for some board games and a movie. Should be good times.