Lost 124 pounds, any others out there

Options
Hi, I am Denise. I am continuing my journey on weight loss. I weighed 346 pounds, down to 222. Have been stuck on a plateau for about a year. Otherwise known as yo-yo between two weights. I am looking for others who have had a large amount of weigh loss to chat with. Nothing bad about others not loosing so much weigh, but I call them skinny mini's. Lol. Anyway, looking for someone who understands the change in your body, and mental stage of loosing a 124 pound person off your body.

Replies

• SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss thus far!

I am not there yet, but I have a total of 182 to lose, so I look forward to losing a whole body also lol
  • tuulikki30
    tuulikki30 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You "beat" me. I only lost 112 pounds. Good on you. I have more or less maintained since 2009. It's never over. It's a lifetime of keeping on top of things. Congratulations and good luck with the next phase of your journey.
  • Furenza
    Options
    I lost 105ish lbs since last feb. I plateaud hard st 80 lbs lost. then just went hsrder. So whsts up?? I gotta say it is weird still being me even though I have lost so much. I don't think I would of been who I am now if I had always had the weight off.. anyways fire away with as many questions as you. wsnt. I'd love to talk with someone in a similar situation. oh and I was 330ish and now I'm 222.
  • kibrt75
    kibrt75 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey there
    I lost 160 over a 4 year time frame.
    Congrats on your accomplishment.
    Hanna
  • merries1st
    Options
    Hi, My name is Sue. I just want to say I'm soooo happy for you for your weight loss. I must say it saddens me to see that you only would like to hear from larger people. I weigh 241 and am starting this journey. I am 53 years old and have struggled losing weight all my life. I would assume you have a lot to offer so please be available to anyone who wants to hear from you, you are an inspiration!
  • Mommy2bug2
    Mommy2bug2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would love to hear from all. Just some do not understand changes. I mean, Look at it this way. I lost a 124 pound person. LOL. I love to chat with all. Just hard for some to understand. But I'm open :) Denise
  • Mommy2bug2
    Options
    I know what you mean. It's weird, but a great feeling. I told myself when I get below 240 I would reward myself. I did, I went out and bought me a purple Harley. And I love it,,lol. If I can get down to 175 hubby promised me new chaps and a leather coat. I have to say the worst part right now, Always pulling up my pants and the panties falling down drive me nuts. This weekend I am putting a tuck in them :) LMAO
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I have lost 134 plus, so I am sending you a friend request! oh, congrats on your loss!
  • 1flowergirl
    1flowergirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've lost 85lbs have 45 to go, I've been on a plateau for almost 6 months!!! I'm beginning to wonder if I will ever lose anymore weight, its so frustrating being so close to goal and getting no where, I thought I'd be at goal by now, my 51st birthday is almost here and at this point I would be glad to just lose 5 lbs just to know I can still lose and this is not where I'm going to stay.
  • whitenurseshoes
    whitenurseshoes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You are trully an inspiration.:smile: Good luck on your journey. Pat
  • Furenza
    Options
    Mom2bug... Did you get over the gym routine hump? It seems to be an easy habit to keep up now. I just keep ramping up what im doing but now that im at this weight i am trying to start bulking up. It feels like the only way to get into better shape is to first get consistent with some sort of exercising and then eat healthy. I was just telling my sister she should just go jogging/walking for 10 minutes a day and i bet that habit would grow into a lot more.
  • Furenza
    Options
    Flower girl it sounds like you leveled off with your current diet/exercising. Do you eat unhealthy foods or sugary drinks? or do you think you could exercise a bit more? You have to do more if you want to get away from that plateau. Im sure you know that though since you have already lost so much. Congratulations on your success!
  • COliver416
    COliver416 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I weighed 347, I'm down to 245.
  • Mommy2bug2
    Options
    You can do it. I was on a plateau myself. Staying between 221-229. Well this morning I weighed in at 219.9. Hoping this almost year plateau is over..lol. I am doing a cleanse, and I think that's helping me.
  • Mommy2bug2
    Options
    I have not hit the gym left. With two businesses, and one 11 year old. I know Its a poor excuse, but I just don't have time. Sooooo, I am going to get my daughter to do Zumba off utube with me 3 X a week. I also walk a lot, here, there, and everywhere,,lol. Right now I am in the middle of a cleanse, and have been watching what I eat. More protein.
  • Mommy2bug2
    Options
    WOOHOO, weird feeling huh, but good one
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Great work!

I only lost 25Lbs. Different world, I guess.
    But then, I learn lots from folks with different experiences. I bet I could learn from you.
    Great work so far!

cheers!:drinker:
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost that much, but I did want to say CONGRATS for what you have done so far!!
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of you hard workers! Look how far we have all came!