is there anyone else?

Options
I try to be understanding. I try to be okay with it. However, every time I read about another person weighing 165 and being a size 12 or a person being 185 and in a size 14 I just want to scream.
My body has always been shaped to carry all my weight in my belly area and it never gets easier. I've always been in at least a size or two higher than people who weigh the same. But for some reason it matters deeply to me.
People, in general, are so focused on being in a certain size, myself included. I want so bad to be in a size 12, but for me to be that size I'd have to weigh around 130 or lower. I am 165 pounds now and in a size 16. I have currently went from 195 pounds to 165 and went from a tight 18 to a 16. The last 8 pounds I've lost I lost 0 inches in my waste/hips. However, my thin legs lost a half inch.
Anyway, I guess I'm just venting. Losing 30 pounds and only going down one size is so frustrating! Anyone else or am I just freakishly shaped?

Replies

• wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am similarly, irritatingly shaped. I am 5'9" and I am very, very lean when my weight is 170lb. The absolute smallest size I have ever been is a size 12 (Australian) in SOME clothing.
    I have long since let go of trying to be something I am not. I know if i am fitting size 14 (au) I am at a healthy size for me. Size 14 has always had shameful connotations for me, as for a very long time I was always the biggest size of all my friends. AS an adult, I have a better grasp of everyone being proportioned differently.

*Edited to add: It's only about 2 dress sizes for me when I lose 50lb
  • SouthernMommy11
    Options
    You should be so proud of your weight loss! Thats a big deal! Remember its better to wear a bigger size that fits well than a smaller size that isnt flattering! No one sees the size but you!
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Great job on you weight loss. I hear what you're saying with the clothes size.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on the size so much they are seriously out of whack. At my current weight I can wear anywhere from a size 4 up to a 12!!!! It depends on so many things and like the above poster said nobody but you knows the number on the tag. Focus on being the healthiest you that you can be. Eat well, exercise (including weights) and you will look good in whatever size happens to be on the label.

And congrats on the weight loss!
  • jasper186
    jasper186 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    As long as there is a size "zero" I wouldn't worry too much about the # on the tag. Unfortunately clothing is sized to fit ego rather than bodies.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    How tall are you compared to these other people? Yes, I am a size 12 (AMERICAN, there's a difference) at 165lbs. But I'm also 5'9".

Oh and stop comparing yourself to others.
  • iamspdd
    iamspdd Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    How tall are you compared to these other people? Yes, I am a size 12 (AMERICAN, there's a difference) at 165lbs. But I'm also 5'9".

Oh and stop comparing yourself to others.

I am 5'5". And I am in a size 16 American. And I do try to not compare myself... it just happens.