alli

Options
Anyone tried the alli program? It sounds sensible (eg reduced calorie, low fat diet and exercise combined with pill) and claims to increase weight loss by up to 50%.

Replies

• KingaS32
    Options
    You can do without pills all you need is this mfp ????
  • SouthernMommy11
    Options
    Realistically some of those pills can be effective. I dont know about that one but Advocate has supplements and worked for me. Id check with my doctor.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Enjoy peeing out of your butt
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Enjoy peeing out of your butt

OMG! Every time I hear about the pill Ali, all I can think of is the "Ali Oops" comment I saw one time about this. Yuck! I'd pass on this pill, for sure.

OP, try MFP for several months and see how it goes first before trying pills that have really bad side effects.
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    You'd be much better off with regular exercise and closely monitoring your diet. Dietary fat is not causing weight gain. Excess calories cause weight gain.
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    One word. Shart.
  • DrWhoodles
    DrWhoodles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    As with any pill it's always good to check side effects and such, and you can see information here. [url] http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-148551-Alli+Oral.aspx?drugid=148551& [/url]

If you are really considering something like this do make sure you have talked to your primary care doctor about this, especially if you are on any other medication.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    You'd be much better off with regular exercise and closely monitoring your diet. Dietary fat is not causing weight gain. Excess calories cause weight gain.

^^^ This ^^^^^
    You don't need a pill to help with weight loss. Eat a balanced diet (carbs, proteins and fats) at a moderate caloric deficit and you should be able to achieve your goals. You don't have a lot to loss. You're experienced at losing weight, time to become an expert at keeping it off. Good luck.
  • AshleySDJ
    AshleySDJ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    as many have already said.. its an oops pill. Had a friend who used it and alllllllll the time she said she had "anal Leakage" i could not help but laugh. You do not need diet pills! Just a strong mind, good support, exercise, and good eating! Good luck!!
  • WheezyFbb
    WheezyFbb Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    People on the alli trials lost 2-4 kg more than placebo, and chances are very few of them sticked with it for the long run.

So the question is, are you willing to trade off a lump sum and your ability to decide when you want to poop for an extra 5lb weight loss?
  • MadTownD
    MadTownD Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    If you buy some Olestra products (do they still make the chips fried in that?), it's much cheaper and you still get the anal seepage! ????
  • jessspurr
    jessspurr Posts: 258 Member
    Options

Yup!
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    People on the alli trials lost 2-4 kg more than placebo, and chances are very few of them sticked with it for the long run.

So the question is, are you willing to trade off a lump sum and your ability to decide when you want to poop for an extra 5lb weight loss?

I would happily weigh 5 pounds more so I don't **** myself.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    You can do without pills all you need is this mfp ????

What? When were you going to tell the rest of us? Why were you holding on to this nugget o' information all to yourself??

:::exits sarcastic fonts and reports you for common sense:::

:drinker:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    hope you have lots of these:

Institute-Liberal-Womens-Brown-Twill-Bootcut-Pants-P12949510.jpg

Have studies been done on the hormonal impacts of blocking fat absorption with this drug? I honestly don't know the answer, but I do know that not consuming enough fat has unfavorable hormonal consequences. I would think that alone would be cause for concern. But also, I wouldn't want to buy a whole wardrobe of brown pants.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    IXUO5zJ.gif
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Id rather be fat then sht myself without even knowing.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Prepare to invest in lots of new underwear!
  • shazzannon
    shazzannon Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I did it for about 6 weeks in college for a study. I never had any problems with it because they provided the food on the days I took it, and the fat content was way below the 25 gram limit.

But I got a letter in the mail a few months after being in the study informing me that it can cause severe liver issues.

I haven't had any lasting damage from it, but that's hard to prove because I could probably drink you and everyone else in this thread under the table.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Did it in my naive days. Don't waste your money.