Greetings from the southwest

LizaJane88
LizaJane88 Posts: 5
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Things are heating up here in the desert. Perfect for hiking weather (except the rattlesnakes are roaming around on the trails now too)!

I'm happy to have found a great website to track my progress. I'm getting ready to start on a low gycemic program. Has anyone had success with this? I understand it was originally developed for diabetics but I've heard good stuff about weight loss as well. I'd love to hear from someone who has dropped some weight with this diet.

Replies

• Things are heating up here in the desert. Perfect for hiking weather (except the rattlesnakes are roaming around on the trails now too)!

I'm happy to have found a great website to track my progress. I'm getting ready to start on a low gycemic program. Has anyone had success with this? I understand it was originally developed for diabetics but I've heard good stuff about weight loss as well. I'd love to hear from someone who has dropped some weight with this diet.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Welcome. Wear your high boots when you hike:flowerforyou:
    This is a great place with lots of great info. Lots of success stories. I know it has change me 100%
    Good luck to you
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Welcome to MFP,

Don't know anything my self about Gycmic Program, but may look into it.
  • cornell9903
    cornell9903 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi there
    I have been battling the weightloss roller coaster since the birth of my second son and the one thing that has truly helped me lose weight steadily is tracking my carbs and protein ratios. My blood sugars were on the pre-diabetic side but when I stuck to those rules of the glycemic index and consistent exercise my blood tests have shown progress and the weight is slowly coming off and staying off.

Good luck:happy:
This discussion has been closed.