It not working !

Options
Okay peoples if you can help me out that be great, so I've been eating 3000-4000 calories granted I do run but not that much now especially cause my winter track season, didn't make it to states : ( stupid three seconds. But anyway I'm still not gaining weight in fact I've lost some weight, and I don't know what to do. Any tips would be nice, thanks! ^.^

Replies

• SouthernMommy11
    Options
    Are you eating enough protein? Empty calories pack on fat not muscle
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Eat more.
  • GBPackerFan14
    GBPackerFan14 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Eat more. I bulked up 10 lbs from Nov.-Jan. running 70 mpw. I always thought that as a runner I could never gain weight, but you need to eat A LOT. It took me 4.5k cals per day approx.
  • nommers2x
    Options
    Ya I eat the recommend amount on my thing only sometimes I'm like 10 or so gram away but that's it
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    how much do you run?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Ya I eat the recommend amount on my thing only sometimes I'm like 10 or so gram away but that's it

You're consistently eating a certain amount and not gaining the weight you want to gain...

...so:

Eat more.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    eat more or run less
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough protein? Empty calories pack on fat not muscle

No they don't.

As long as your protein intake is adequate (when in a surplus that isn't very high, the body is very protein efficient when gaining, big intakes are more necessary when cutting), eating more protein doesn't give you extra credit to gain super duper lean.

Muscle growth is an energy expensive process. Feed it
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

You're consistently eating a certain amount and not gaining the weight you want to gain...

...so:

Eat more.

this
    eat more- run less
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    drink a gallon of milk a day
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    eat more
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Throw in a Jack in the Box chocolate shake. The large is over 1100 cals! That should help. Its got 19 grams of protein (a ton of carbs but you ARE trying to gain!)

Cals in, cals out. To gain you have to eat more than you burn.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough protein? Too many calories pack on fat not muscle

Fixed
  • katyanne15
    katyanne15 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    its not so much about what you eat but what you are eating differently from what your used to. You have a certain body and metabolism to get there. If you are eating the same, your body will remain the same. You need to challenge yourself. You need to eat a TON more protein, more than you think possible. Increase your calories, but more importantly what those calories consist of. Chips...NO, but avocados, beans, chicken, brown rice. That sort of thing. Make the calorie count and very nutrient dense. Running is great but make sure you are doing strength training as well. lunges, push ups, squats if nothing else.
    Okay peoples if you can help me out that be great, so I've been eating 3000-4000 calories granted I do run but not that much now especially cause my winter track season, didn't make it to states : ( stupid three seconds. But anyway I'm still not gaining weight in fact I've lost some weight, and I don't know what to do. Any tips would be nice, thanks! ^.^
  • jenniferarnold619
    Options
    The obvious answer is upping your calorie intake with quality calories. However, have you ever thought that your body may have some hormone imbalance like thyroid issues. I know a girl with Hyper(?)- thyroidism and she struggle to keep weight on. Not to scare you, but if it continues to be a challenge, you may want to get some blood work done.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said. Eat more. Eat high calorie foods. Nut butters, avocados, fatty meat, meaty meat, the big bulk protein powder shakes with full fat milk, ice cream, girl scout cookies, more meat.

I have turned into a hard gainer after losing all the weight, so I feel your pain.

oh, and keep the progressive loading UP on the weights. and run less.