Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I was called skinny today!

While I have a ways to go yet, a friend whom I have not seen since October said 'look at you, all skinny'.

He is a sweetie and he definitely meant it in a nice way. It felt nice that someone had noticed a difference in me.

Replies

• Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    That's great, isn't it? Looks like it made your day. :smile:
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    You should plot a plan of revenge so bloodcurdling that Joseph Stalin himself would be horrified! No one calls you "skinny" and gets away with it! Muhahahaha! Er, wait, oh, it was a good thing?

That's fantastic! Congratulations on one of the greatest NSVs that there is! That's got to feel wonderful!
  • congratulations sometimes we need to hear positive things to keep us going
  • Anyone else feel sorry for this guy who has been friendzone'd?
  • SkinnyMel78
    SkinnyMel78 Posts: 434 Member
    This is great!! Get used to it cause it will start happening a lot!!! :smile:
  • ekztawas
    ekztawas Posts: 114 Member
    Yayyy!! It's when people start to notice that it gets really motivating :)

On a completely unrelated note, your dog is adorable. A Springer Spaniel? I have one, too. A pic of Jones is on my profile.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 476 Member
    High-five!!:drinker:
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    :)
  • Woo hoo!! Well done you
    xx
  • CaliforniaAJ
    CaliforniaAJ Posts: 196 Member

On a completely unrelated note, your dog is adorable. A Springer Spaniel? I have one, too. A pic of Jones is on my profile.

Thank you! He is an English Springer Spaniel. He moved here from the UK with us 4 years ago. Other dogs make fun of him when he barks with a British accent....LOL. He is my baby and my buddy!

Jones is so cute! I just love all their little spots and their kissable noses. Spaniels are the best!
  • ME0172
    ME0172 Posts: 200
    Awesome! Those people are keepers! There is a woman at the gym I barely know that tells me every single time she sees me that I look great and she calls me skinny too. I'm still making progress too, but there's just something special about people that are willing to unselfishly acknowledge your progress. Congratulations!