Atlanta Ice Storm

2»

Replies

• Thoughts are with you, stay safe
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    I'm in NC, near Winston-Salem. We have at least 3" on the ground, and it's going to ice throughout the night. Ughhhhhhh. Luckily we still have power. My husband had to drive home in this crap this afternoon. I was a nervous wreck, in fact I haven't felt like eating much of anything. Bleh.
  • BeyondThePast
    BeyondThePast Posts: 9 Member
    I'm in East Atlanta and just waiting for the ice to STOP! This weather is crazy.. hope everyone stays in and safe!
  • kempt_ken
    kempt_ken Posts: 96 Member
    Its challenging we're in Ottawa and in the 98 ice storm we were without power for 14 days, with a
    pregnant wife a 2 year old and basement that floods if the sump pump is off for24 hours not fun....

Hope you wont be affected.
  • CC_Maam
    CC_Maam Posts: 45 Member
    South of Atlanta here by about 30 minutes ...

Ice has built up, the power has flickered off and on but no matter what I got in my in home jogging today with the Y closed down supposedly til noon tomorrow. If its open then it is back to the circuit and pressing those machines and swimming . . .

Have my fingers x'd to maintain at least off and on electricity even though I have gas stove I know I can keep up with decent eating. I have my yogurt and bran cereal so life is GOOD!

CC
  • CC_Maam
    CC_Maam Posts: 45 Member
    I grew up 'up North' and got out of Dodge ASAP .... I thought I had gone far enough South when I moved to Florida .. then thought oh what the heck ... Georgia is still South ... *mumbles* Florida, Mexico, Puerto Rico or Belize here I come!!! (well in a year and a half!!)

BTW ... if anyone happens to be down Newnan way - uses the Y or IF the weather actually clears up and wants to do some walking let me know.